Sitting in same spot?

Millie11

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled Chameleon, I think a female, no spurs but he/she does show signs of color like a male, roughly 2 21/2 monthes. About 1 month maybe longer
Handling - Once a week if that, I researched that handling causes to much stress?
Feeding - Crickets, I gave her a few waxworms but I don't want to spoil her. anywhere from 10-15 a day, Morning, Afternoon and Dinner time. Lettuce, organes, pears (vet told me they have calcium) They also get fluckers cricket food and water cubes. Both calcium forited.
Supplements - Has been giving her calcium without/D3 at every feeding, along with Calcium with D3 and a multiviatmin 2 times a month
Watering - Dripper system that goes onto fake leaves. I mist about 3-5 times a day and I see her drink often
Fecal Description - Always brown pretty big and with white in it, never been tested. Should it be???
History - She is very active and alert, seems to growing nicely.
Cage Info:
Cage Type - 65 galloon all mesh cage.
Lighting - Reptisun 5.0 tube, with 60watt basking light
Temperature - Cage floor is in the 70s Basking spot is 80-85 70 at night. Tempator with probe.
Humidity - 50 to 60% misting and dripper
Plants - Ficus plant and
Placement - Located in low traffic area, she is placed by a window so when it is was with sun out I open the window for her to get fresh air which she seems to love
Location - Pennsylvania!

Current problem- This has only happened for a day but she has been sitting under her basking light. When I came in this morning to turn on her lights she was sitting in the same spot, I took her out to check on her she didn't have a problem crawling all over me, but when I put her back into her cage she made her way back to the same spot.
Also she has a white substance on her nose???

Any help would be greatly apperciated!

Current problem- This has only happened for a day but she has been sitting under her basking light. When I came in this morning to turn on her lights she was sitting in the same spot, I took her out to check on her she didn't have a problem crawling all over me, but when I put her back into her cage she made her way back to the same spot.
Also she has a white substance on her nose???

Any help would be greatly apperciated!
If it's only a day, it's not a problem yet.........the white stuff could be skin, excess salt, or more likely it's excess calcium. No need to be worried. Leave her in peace, but keep an eye on her because she should go on patrol a bit every day.......

Ok thank you, should I cut back on the calcium?
Might be a good idea, you seem to have all the extras. I'm not too sure about how much is overdoing it, but you could survive with a bit less.
As long as there's not too much d3 I think it's just not used :confused:

We got our first Veiled about 3 months ago and the same thing happened. Some of this forum's fine folks advised the same thing. One said try a warm shower for 'her' (no spurs on back legs IS a female) and others said to cut back on the amount of calcium used to dust. I did both and never had a recurrence. Thanks everyone, you're super!!!

This debate has been on here before about the "white stuff" and from what I have read, it is NOT said to be calcium and to not cut back on your calcium supplementing. They are said to be salts and minerals. Just thought I would give you this info and let you decide for yourself!

This debate has been on here before about the "white stuff" and from what I have read, it is NOT said to be calcium and to not cut back on your calcium supplementing. They are said to be salts and minerals. Just thought I would give you this info and let you decide for yourself!

Carol5208, Yes that is what I meant. I didn't say to cut back on supplementing it was suggested that I may be over dusting at the feedings and it could be just getting inhaled or stuck around the nostrils. And yes it was also said to possibly be salts/minerals if not the calcium sticking to the nose. Either way, the warm bath and using less powder at the dustings seems to have resolved my issue. That was all I was saying. Thanks. I will shut up and not post any more on this forum. Bye.

Carol5208, Yes that is what I meant. I didn't say to cut back on supplementing it was suggested that I may be over dusting at the feedings and it could be just getting inhaled or stuck around the nostrils. And yes it was also said to possibly be salts/minerals if not the calcium sticking to the nose. Either way, the warm bath and using less powder at the dustings seems to have resolved my issue. That was all I was saying. Thanks. I will shut up and not post any more on this forum. Bye.

?.

Im pretty sure everyone was just listening to your input as well. and writing there opinions also.

its basically like how we have boogers..its all salts and minerals they expell..learned that from keeping iguanas years ago..the "spit" it out of their nose every so often..

Just wanted to let everyone know, She shedded yesterday. I do believe that is why she was sitting in the same spot and had the white on her nose although it did not look like skin (I have a snake as well). Thank you for all the input! She is acting normal now.

Don't be surprised if after she finishes shedding she starts to cruise all over the cage. Mine sits when hes about to shed, cruises when he starts to shed and then never stops until abotu 3-4 days after hes gotten every flake of dead skin off.

Back
Top Bottom