silk worm question

maddashash

Would it be ok to temporarily use metal screen and grated carrot for my silks? I ordered what i thought was the habitat cup that came with the food and a piece of plastic screen but it was just silks and barley any food. I've place an order for the food and while i was at it i ordered more silks

Would it be ok to temporarily use metal screen and grated carrot for my silks? I ordered what i thought was the habitat cup that came with the food and a piece of plastic screen but it was just silks and barley any food. I've place an order for the food and while i was at it i ordered more silks

If you have any mulberry trees around that is all I feed my silks. But I think they will die with carrots.

Theres no mulberry trees around that i could find. The soonest i coild get the chow was Tuesday and they have eaten almost all of there food already :-(

I have had them survive temporarily on carrots and greens. They don't do 100% but its good enough to keep them going until the chow arrives.

As a matter of fact I ran out of chow and only fed them greens and carrot until they cocooned. They then turned in to healthy moths and I have their next generation of worms doing just fine now.

yes dust the hornworms. I used carrots and they ate them. I also tried dandelion leaves but they were so so on them.

Back
Top Bottom