Question about a new item for crickets ...

PrincessSpaz

Established Member
I sent my hubby to get Spazzy butt some crickets and he came home with some cups of "cricket food" (I have literally never seen these things before and honestly don't think I should use them ... I don't trust much from a box pet store when it comes to my baby)
I wanted to ask everyone's thoughts and opinions because I mostly definitely could be wrong in my mistrust of these cups.
What I currently use is both bug burger AND superload by Repashy (make it into a gel for all Spazzy's feeders ... similar to the way you fix extra food for hornworms. Yes I feed it to the silkworms and hornworms too)
Has anyone else seen these or something similar? Amazon has similar cups ... I'd never seen them before on Amazon either
I honestly don't see anything in the ingredients that would be considered nutritional for the feeders or beneficial for Spaz
Would these be "ok" to use in lieu of the water pillows for hydration only or should I just stick with the gelled food and water pillows???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231016-074402_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231016-074402_Samsung Internet.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20231016-074417_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231016-074417_Samsung Internet.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20231016-074428_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231016-074428_Samsung Internet.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20231016-074442_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231016-074442_Samsung Internet.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 38
Hi yeah I personally wouldn't use them as you mentioned they aren't really nutrition in them also I myself would be weary how the jelly would break down . I mostly use fresh ingredients, but I also use repashy bug burger, I remember something like this being mentioned a while back and some members didn't reccomended the superload, the number one from nutrition was cricket crack. But hard to beat fresh stuff , as its hard to keep fresh regularly I blitz gutload and pop in to ice cube trays, once frozen pop in a bag ( make sure the bag is labelled 😆)

Worthless for a gut load.

Can be entertaining for geckos/anoles. Most of my buddies give them "treats" of jelly or peach baby food. These things are just easy to clean up sugar water.

Back
Top Bottom