should I change his lamp times?

lainimorgan

my veiled chameleon is 4-5 months old. ive had him for about 3 weeks now. his heating lamp and uvb lamp automatically (I have a timer) turn on at 8am and turn off at 8pm each day. I check on him every morning and around 7 ish (if not earlier) he is already up on his basking branch ready for his heating lamp to turn on, but it doesn't turn on for another hour. and same thing at night. he goes to the spot he sleeps in around 6:30 and just waits there for his lamps to turn off so he can sleep. I dont know if chameleons usually do that since hes the first one I've had, or if i should change his lamp times. any help is appreciated!

Mine anticipates his basking lamp every day. He will creep up 5-10 minutes before it comes on and heads to his sleep spot about 30 minutes before lights out. I don't know where he's hiding his watch. I'm afraid to check. It might be a pulp fiction kind of thing.

When I first brought kine home he would climb down into the plant and go to sleep by 7 even if the lights were still on. I think this was because the store I got him from closed at 7 so he got used to thatvas bed time. After being with me he now goes to be around 8 so I think they can get used to your schedule if you leave the lights the way you want but just try to make sure they still get the 12 hours.

When I first brought kine home he would climb down into the plant and go to sleep by 7 even if the lights were still on. I think this was because the store I got him from closed at 7 so he got used to thatvas bed time. After being with me he now goes to be around 8 so I think they can get used to your schedule if you leave the lights the way you want but just try to make sure they still get the 12 hours.
okay thank you!

Back
Top Bottom