Shes shedding!!

AP0714

Here she goes!! Sweet Caroline shedding for the first time. I thought her skin looked a little “droopy” the last day or two. Now I get it. As a new Cham owner it feels like some kind of milestone. 🤓

Attachments

• IMG_5817.jpeg
    IMG_5817.jpeg
    307.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5818.jpeg
    IMG_5818.jpeg
    303 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5821.jpeg
    IMG_5821.jpeg
    263.4 KB · Views: 11
Here she goes!! Sweet Caroline shedding for the first time. I thought her skin looked a little “droopy” the last day or two. Now I get it. As a new Cham owner it feels like some kind of milestone. 🤓

Here’s a few more. Less than an hour later. I need to stop staring.

Attachments

• IMG_5821.jpeg
    IMG_5821.jpeg
    263.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5822.jpeg
    IMG_5822.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5825.jpeg
    IMG_5825.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 13
Oh, I am looking in to getting one of those but a male so I don’t have to deal with the whole egg laying business. make sure you have a laying bin set up

It can be scary when you have to have so many things perfect or else they can die
I know… there’s a lot of information out there which helps a lot. My breeder has been very responsive with my questions too. I got smart plugs, smart thermometers, a smart space heater and a smart air humidifier so the mister, fogger and lights are all on a timer and I can control the climate even if I’m not home. So far she’s alive and active. And this first she’s tells me she’s growing.

I know… there’s a lot of information out there which helps a lot. My breeder has been very responsive with my questions too. I got smart plugs, smart thermometers, a smart space heater and a smart air humidifier so the mister, fogger and lights are all on a timer and I can control the climate even if I’m not home. So far she’s alive and active. And this first she’s tells me she’s growing.
** first shed.

I love that sweet little face! Sweet Caroline is a true beauty. 💗 Make sure your husbandry is as perfect as possible and the risks of egg laying problems will be greatly diminished.

I love that sweet little face! Sweet Caroline is a true beauty. 💗 Make sure your husbandry is as perfect as possible and the risks of egg laying problems will be greatly diminished.
Yes. Been doing a lot of research and working on it already. I’ve been really lucky and found a lot of good sized Cham-safe plants (pothos, bromeliads and prayer plants) on the clearance rack at Lowe’s, maybe a brown leaf that needs to be removed but literally nothing wrong with them. My mom pruned some of her trees and is sending over a big box of branches. My girl takes her calcium every day and D3 twice a month. Once I finish her grown-up cage I’ll post a photo… still a little ways to go, so much bigger than any reptile cage I’ve dealt with, and much stricter requirements but I’m enjoying the challenge.

I feel so bad for her right now, I know it’s part of life for them but she looks so uncomfortable. Even her coloring looks unhappy.

Attachments

• IMG_5832.jpeg
    IMG_5832.jpeg
    227 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom