Is this the start of peeling shedding

I turn lights on at 9:00 a.m. this morning and is now 1:00 p.m. and she has barely moved. I noticed this white line going down her underside and was wondering is she getting ready to shed..
I have had her 10 days and I am first time chameleon owner and am worried about everything!! 😭

Attachments

• IMG_20231007_125452_028.jpg
    IMG_20231007_125452_028.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 28
Did you get the new UVB lighting and read through the husbandry program link to start making corrections to her home?

Did you get the new UVB lighting and read through the husbandry program link to start making corrections to her home?
Yes! Got the light last night and just using today first time. I have been reading the husbandry and also looking into details pertaining to the Senegal Chameleon species. I realize I was not prepared for this journey.

Yes! Got the light last night and just using today first time. I have been reading the husbandry and also looking into details pertaining to the Senegal Chameleon species. I realize I was not prepared for this journey.
Yeah this is common but many start out exactly where you are including me. You can learn everything you need to know and will be able to provide it. Just takes the right info and people supporting your journey.

Yes, that is what is is, I will remove it and wait till my husband gets home to mount it somehow
Don't remove it... 1 day with high levels will not hurt her. She needs it after having the wrong uvb. Tell me which bulb strength you have so I can tell you distance to branch.

Which bulb strength though. 5.0, 6%, 10.0, or 12%?

WIth a 5.0 or 6% you want a measured 8-9 inches to the branches below the fixture. With a 10.0 or 12% you want a measured 11-12 inches to the branches below the fixture.

So you are measuring from the bottom of the fixture to the branch. If the branch is 4 inches below the screen subtract the total distance based on bulb used from that to get the distance you need to lift the fixture off the top of the screen.

WIth a 5.0 or 6% you want a measured 8-9 inches to the branches below the fixture. With a 10.0 or 12% you want a measured 11-12 inches to the branches below the fixture.

So you are measuring from the bottom of the fixture to the branch. If the branch is 4 inches below the screen subtract the total distance based on bulb used from that to get the distance you need to lift the fixture off the top of the screen.
I was looking for the box! I think hubby put in trash but I'm pretty sure we got the 5.0

Thank you very much

Back
Top Bottom