Shes layin eggs ! !

Miranda

My Chameleon is laying eggs!! I came home and she had a pretty deep whole dug out and she finally turned around. Shes being very still.

How long does this take!? What do I need to do ? Is it okay to mist around in her cage ? because her humidity is kinda down right now. Will she lay in the dark ?

I wouldnt mist her...Let her completley finish, and then shower her and let her go at some yummy food! Then you would probably want to excavate the eggs.

Jake

k I wont mist her yet then.

How long does it usually take for em to finish?

I was gunna ask about takin the eggs out too, thanks!

This is exciting!!!

I mean should it be longer then twenty four hours?

Incubating container.. I dont have one, She hasnt been with other chameleons. No babies, just eggs.

No not longer then 24 hours at all. She should be done relativley soon.

As for the eggs, if you are sure they are infertile, I supposed disgard them.

Thanks,
jake

well shes been down there for awhile..

Im positive they are just eggs.

Im kinda worried about her though, this makes me nervous..

Thanks for the help.

well shes been down there for awhile..

Im positive they are just eggs.

Im kinda worried about her though, this makes me nervous..

Thanks for the help.

She should be fine, just make sure to HYDRATE her A LOT after she's done! Let us know how many eggies she puts out for you.

Jake

I just took a peak at her, and she does not look good.

Im kinda freaked out, her eyes are sunk in and ive read that it is a sign of being dehydrated.. I cant do much for her while shes laying tho!??

It takes a lot for them to lay their eggs, she will look a bit rough at first, just pay attention to her after she is finished, lots of water, some food and misting is a must..

Well shes been down there for hours now, what if she doesnt come up all night? and am I suppose to keep the lights on all night for her? or let em go off like normal?

She looks bad.

Lynda, I leave the lights on as well. Not sure if they have a good internal clock and can keep track of time down there. I would think that diurnal animals like them would depend more on the very obvious light and heat changes than internal sensory.

Also, I have had females finish within an hour or two from her first dig, and another who has been completely underground for nearly two days. If they are very healthy before the process they should come up tired and weak. If they were weak before the process began, then be prepared for some tough rehabilitation.

After laying eggs...she will look deflated... just make sure don't bug her while she is laying her eggs. I just leaves the egg laying container in the enclosure for them.... as soon as i saw the female deflated..... i took out the container and dug the eggs out. I usually leaves the light on whole night while she is digging. My panther takes 3 days to lay eggs.....veiled takes 4-5 hours to lays... just be patience!

Well I let the lights go out at their normal time. This morning I saw she had turned around to dig some more I guess, and then when I was leaving I saw her head popping out.

Her eyes dont look right. Ill be glad when this is over !

ahh six days. I hope it doesnt take her that long!

I worry about her while Im at work. I dont want her tunnel to collapse on her..

I know she saw me look at her this morning, I hope I didnt ruin the hole by her seeing me. Ill prolly put some towels around her cage so she cant see out.

Well good luck and be patient. Giver her several mistings daily and if she's been digging for a few days offer her some food. Don't worry ... she knows what she needs to do!! :)

Keep us posted on her progress!

Dyesub Dave. :D

all best wishes for you and your chameleon.
just hang in there.
and make sure you are there for her with lots of water and food as soon as she finished her activity.

Back
Top Bottom