Shedding

I just received my new chameleon Turk over the weekend and he just started shedding.
this is my first chameleon, so i don't know a lot about this process.
What do I need to know/do about this process?

I just received my new chameleon Turk over the weekend and he just started shedding.
this is my first chameleon, so i don't know a lot about this process.
What do I need to know/do about this process?
Long warm misting sessions. My vet also told me never attempt to pull shed off because you don’t know what it could still be attached to

Not sure why you tagged Jann ...
Your chameleon is perfectly capable to shed on it's own, you may want to increase humidity by misting extra to help him with the process, try not to mist to late in the day to give the cage a chance to dry out before night time.

It’s nice to see you posting. As mentioned above a could extra misting will help and they love the warm water. Also as mentioned above don’t pick at the shin. It will come off on its own. He will shed about once a moth when he’s young. I’ve never heard of bacteria between the skins. His colors should get brighter with every shed. ❤️

It’s nice to see you posting. As mentioned above a could extra misting will help and they love the warm water. Also as mentioned above don’t pick at the shin. It will come off on its own. He will shed about once a moth when he’s young. I’ve never heard of bacteria between the skins. His colors should get brighter with every shed. ❤️
Good to know. Thanks

Btw he has been drinking a lot more
Hadn’t eaten that much today, but i think thats because of the shed

And now that you mention it some of the parts that have already shed are slightly brighter

When they are young veileds shed all over, often and fast. As they get older they don’t shed as often and they shed in sections. My adults have a little shed on them somewhere just about all the time.

Back
Top Bottom