Severe dehydration.

NickTide

Avid Member
A local pet shop has a severely dehydrated female veiled that I would estimate to be 6 - 8 months old. I know the owner well and asked if I could take her home and try to rehab her. I have experience with chams but never allowed any o get this bad. Eyes sunken in, skin hanging off fairly lethargic. She did drink a few drops before I moved her (she was with a male in a small cage) to her new cage. Other than misting the Heck out of her and offering a dripper, is there anything else I should do?

Sometimes Pedialyte helps, or soft bodied feeders. Like silks and hornworms would be a massive part of her diet right now. Like maybe one roach or pt her hard bodied feeder every feeding. Otherwise soft as much as possible. It'll be easier on her kidneys.

Andee. Thanks, I'm getting horns asap. How do I administer Pedialyte? As of yesterday she wouldn't drink from a dropper. After her big move, I doubt she will trust me at all today.

Kinyonga, I will in a bit. It was late last night and I was tired when I got home.

I actually usually water down the pedialyte in a half and half mixture of water etc. And then do it like meds. Stick the syringe in the throat and push the plunger down. Creates stress yes, but for short amounts of time and you leave her alone for at least 30 minutes.

She died this morning. I guess I was too late. Thank you for your help.
For the remaining veil at the shop, I made sure they knew how ticked I was and left care instructions on the door. I set up the cage in a more appropriate manner and will be back in this week to make sure he's getting cared for.

She died this morning. I guess I was too late. Thank you for your help.
For the remaining veil at the shop, I made sure they knew how ticked I was and left care instructions on the door. I set up the cage in a more appropriate manner and will be back in this week to make sure he's getting cared for.
Rest in peace little girl. :(

Poor baby, rest in peace. It's always so frustrating. But hopefully they can learn from this and kudos for you for setting up the cage <3

Back
Top Bottom