Saw these at a local pet store

Red7ny1

I went to a local pet store up here and they had a couple Jackson's . My question is , do they look ok ?? I know these aren't the best pix but they were from a crappy cell phone .
0123121853a.jpg

0123121853.jpg

How old are they? & in my opinion they do not look so good. Were they sleeping when you went? Sleeping during the day is not a good sign & the las pic the jacksons eye looks sunked in maybe due to dehydration...

Just turn around and go somewhere else I says...

No, they are not okay. The male is on his way to dying. Sunken eyes like that are bad news.
I couldn't see the female well enough to comment.

There is a fair possibility that he could be saved, but I would not pay money for the honor of trying. if you get him for free then we can give you suggestions on bringing him back from the edge.

I suggest you stay away from these.

Bill

The male looks really dehydrated and shouldn't be sleeping during the day.I can't tell if the female is sleeping or not in the pic. There also looks like another female in the second pic on the floor.

I went to a local pet store up here and they had a couple Jackson's . My question is , do they look ok ?? I know these aren't the best pix but they were from a crappy cell phone .
0123121853a.jpg

0123121853.jpg

Poor things... Run, don't walk far far away. Closed eyes during the day under their lights, lying flat on the branches, eyes incredibly sunken. Even if they survive long enough for some clueless person to buy them it will be a long painful struggle. Such a shame. If you are thinking about rescuing them think again. The store needs to take the financial hit for treating them like this...so don't bail them out with money.

It was at night when we went , but I didn't go to buy any ... I'm getting mine from Tiki Tiki Reptiles on tax day . I went cause friends were saying they had chameleons there and I was curious . Learned enough just researching these past few weeks and reading threads not to go to pet stores . I saw the male and thought to myself " he doesn't look good at all " .

As everyone else said, they dont loook good.

most people do avoid pet stores, but its a case by case thing.
I bought Kink from a small pet store and he is great. They also housed their chameleons properly.

I didn't see hardly any plants in their cages and I sincerely doubt they mist them . If I could find my way back to that store , I'd sneak pix of their " reptile room " for you to see .

even if it is night, they look like they have the lights blaring in on them. If that was the case they could have covered the cages, but it really doesn't matter, like the others said don't buy them. I hate petstores!!!!

As I said , just from researching , reading threads , and talking to camimom I've learned alot . I wasn't going to buy there , I was just curious to see what they had and how they were being taken care of . Sadly , I wasn't thrilled at what I saw .

thing like dat piss me off like da lady at petsmart keep trying to tell they drinking out of a bowl

The Petsmart here doesn't carry them anymore . The lady told me they don't have the proper housing for them . I was like " Duh ... it took you this long to figure that out ?? " .

lol i know right i hate going to petsmart n i seeing there babys veiled in there glass cages n seeing a water bowl at da bottom

I was talking to the girl that took me to the pet store . Apparently , these chams came in like that . They take pets from people that don't want them anymore . She told me that when they went this week , he was looking better . The pet store employees are trying to nurse him back to health . My opinion , and I may be wrong here , is that if they're trying to nurse him back to health , that's great . But don't do it at the pet store . Take him home , away from customers and the stress they put on the chams . I'm sure that he'd heal alot faster ( if he can be saved ) in a less stress environment .

Run as fast as you can. You can't save the world. Maybe as a freebie it would be worth it to get practice rehabbing a sick animal, but you could also end up infecting your whole household's pets. Run, run, run.........

Run as fast as you can. You can't save the world. Maybe as a freebie it would be worth it to get practice rehabbing a sick animal, but you could also end up infecting your whole household's pets. Run, run, run.........

Lol ... I'm not planning on taking him . I know my limitations and nursing one back to health from the shape he's in is well beyond . I was just stating that , although I'm no expert ( very far from it ) , even I know that if they wanted to help him , they'd get him out of that store and to a quiet place , like to one of their homes .

If you could make the case that they are near death and need immediate attention and vet visit you might get away with adoption. When I had a reef tank up and running I would go to the petsmart and petco where you would see dying corals. They would just give them to me. Its worth a shot to save them.

Back
Top Bottom