Savage! & Massy!

Titan

Here are some pic's of my Mellers that are Brothers and Sisters to many of the ones on these Forums, Just figured I post how mine look and are doing. Lets see the Pic's of yours here also?

My Mellers "Savage"
Full Body view at 10 months, 15" overall length
attachment.php

Head View
attachment.php

My Son's Mellers "Massy"
Full body view at 8 months, 9.5" overall length
attachment.php

Head veiw
attachment.php

Attachments

• Savage.#10001.jpg
    Savage.#10001.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 166
  • Savage#50001.jpg
    Savage#50001.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 194
  • Massy#20001.jpg
    Massy#20001.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 240
  • Massy#50001.jpg
    Massy#50001.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Yea, Never knew Mellers actually have a single horn. All the wild caught ones must rub them down. All the captive hatched ones I've seen have this, (kind of Horn?) Anyhow I think It look's real cool on the live animals.

Yea im a big fan of thos. Definitely in my top 7. I want one really bad and i oh most got one but i held myself back because i new it was the best decision.

There is a guy who is the fish manager at a local major place who sells animals that isnt a co or smart has one and i used to go in there to ask how he was doing from time to time. he had him in a large cage that was like 3x2x6 but i would want mine free ranged. But i think it might beet up my cats.

How did you determine sex? I heard that was quite hard if not impossible.

Yea, these are the first Mellers Ive had And Honestly I really enjoy them alot! Not at all sure how to tell sex yet. I have read somewhere that the dark spot right behind the mouth, on the neck, is a determining factor by its colororation. This said by the one that wrote that. I need to go back and find that article again and re-read it. & see now that mine are getting bigger if that spot makes some kind of determination?
Also I Have the smaller one in a 2.5' deep x 3.5' wide x 5.5' tall. And my larger one on a 3' deep 4' wide x 6.5' tall enclosures. and will free range them when they
near 20" in overall length. They really seem to love there setups I have for them now though!

I didnt know you could rate threads!? You have 5 stars on this one which is why it caught my eye...

very beautiful Titan..:)

Back
Top Bottom