San Diego Pics

Kent67

Retired Moderator
La Jolla Children's Pool and harbor seals (Phoca vitulina)

DSC_1375.jpg

DSC_1382.jpg

DSC_1400.jpg

DSC_1388.jpg

DSC_1427.jpg

San Diego Zoological Park

Babies

DSC_1487.jpg

DSC_1482-1.jpg

Passed out

DSC_1506.jpg

Kinda want to get some of these:

DSC_1496.jpg

Excellent pictures except cutting off the tortoise. I was a zoo member for years, I love the zoo. Even have my name on a brick.

Thanks, everyone. Those are Komodo dragon babies. I was actually at the zoo that day with Chris A. and he said he thought he'd heard these two were the result of a parthenogenesis event. I looked briefly with my friend Google but couldn't find confirmation of that anywhere. Great animals, regardless!

It turns out the Komodo parthenogenesis in the US that I had heard about was at the Sedgwick County Zoo in Kansas. They had two males hatch in 2008, which were confirmed to be parthenogenetic making it the third confirmed incidence along with the London Zoo and Chester Zoo in England.

The two at the San Diego Zoo were hatched at the Los Angeles Zoo.

Chris

Nice pictures Kent! We stayed in Coronado the last time we went to San Diego but but did not see all the seals. I think we'll stay in La Jolla the next time we go out west.

It turns out the Komodo parthenogenesis in the US that I had heard about was at the Sedgwick County Zoo in Kansas. They had two males hatch in 2008, which were confirmed to be parthenogenetic making it the third confirmed incidence along with the London Zoo and Chester Zoo in England.

The two at the San Diego Zoo were hatched at the Los Angeles Zoo.

Chris

Wow that's awesome!:D

Back
Top Bottom