US San Diego panther needs new home

Multivitamins

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I just had a hard conversation with my landlord and found out I'll have to move soon. While I have some time to look into arrangements and another place to rent I want to test the waters to see if someone would be willing to adopt my 3 y/o male panther.

Kind of breaks my heart thinking about getting rid of him but knowing he goes to a good home / keeper would make it bearable. I don't know how things are going to shape up and there is a lot in the air possibly moving out of state and if that happens I don't want to be forced to craigslist him.

Not asking for a fee for the chameleon just that you can pick up in southern California.

I have two screen enclosures one indoor with live plants and one outdoor on a planter box. I have a t5 light as well as the necessary vitamin and calcium powders.

He's a good boy he eats just about any feeder other than roaches. Mainly using silks and bsfl as staple feeders. He's had good health and has been to an exotic vet here in San Diego. He tolerates handling decent enough to take him to his outdoor enclosure regularly and doesn't seem to get stressed from a lil adventure on a stick or on my arm.

Just starting to feel it out so I can plan accordingly when moving day comes. 😓

Attachments

• 20211017_142804.jpg
    20211017_142804.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 20220409_122751.jpg
    20220409_122751.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 76
it might work out but I just don't know... my life is getting turned upside down right now and as much as I love this little guy I'm not sure that this next chapter of my life will allow me to give him the care he deserves if I ended up relocating outside of San Diego.

I have some complex decisions to make now. One option is to move to Oahu with my gf her job brought her to Honolulu. The other option is to pick up some overtime and find another overpriced rental in San Diego and I can try to balance working more and his care. This would allow me to keep him but would effectively end a 3 year relationship.
It's not quite as simple as GF or Chameleon but that's what my mind has made it out to be

and for bringing him to Hawaii I've got homework to do. I know their import rules and regulations are strict vs here on the "mainland" idk how it would work to ship him I doubt I could fly with him 🤔 a lot to look into. So I've got some figuring out to do.

He's such a good boy if our journey together were to end I know he would be a great chameleon for anyone but I think even a good fit for a family or newer keepers since he's non aggressive and tolerates handling

Last edited:
it might work out but I just don't know... my life is getting turned upside down right now and as much as I love this little guy I'm not sure that this next chapter of my life will allow me to give him the care he deserves if I ended up relocating outside of San Diego.

I have some complex decisions to make now. One option is to move to Oahu with my gf her job brought her to Honolulu. The other option is to pick up some overtime and find another overpriced rental in San Diego and I can try to balance working more and his care. This would allow me to keep him but would effectively end a 3 year relationship.
It's not quite as simple as GF or Chameleon but that's what my mind has made it out to be

and for bringing him to Hawaii I've got homework to do. I know their import rules and regulations are strict vs here on the "mainland" idk how it would work to ship him I doubt I could fly with him 🤔 a lot to look into. So I've got some figuring out to do.

He's such a good boy if our journey together were to end I know he would be a great chameleon for anyone but I think even a good fit for a family or newer keepers since he's non aggressive and tolerates handling
Hoping the best for you. I can understand it sucks, I gave up all 5 of my chameleons back when I moved(twice) and on top of that My options were Pittsburgh or Pittsburgh🤔.

i think you need to follow your heart and ditch the relationship. Chameleons are better for the soul. I got married 4 years ago when I was 26, I’m now 75.

Hey dude, sorry to hear that you have to make such a tough decision. He's adorable. What locale is he? Tamatave?

I almost had to give up my jackson's chameleon long ago when I started Air Force Rotc in college. Life was so hectic. The only free time I had back then was when I went to the bathroom to take a piss or #2. The decision to give him away was very painful. I even drafted up a message to a person who I thought would be a good caretaker. I thought long and hard about what I wanted in life. And I ultimately decided on quitting ROTC. If ROTC was the right choice for me, I would have pursued it and given away my cham. But animals have always been a pivotal part of my life. They are my reason for breathing. Going down the path of ROTC to pilot to commercial pilot, I wouldn't have owned another animal for at least 30 or 40 years. My reason to quit didn't depend on animals though. I quit because I lost my passion to become a pilot. If the passion was there, I wouldn't have minded. Luckily for you, they have awesome little jackson's running around in Hawaii. So you don't necessarily have to quit animals cold-turkey.

If your biggest concern is giving your cham a good home, I'm sure we could find someone to take care of him (heck...I'm kind of interested myself). He's gonna have a good time with whoever he stays with. With that said, only you know whether or not this relationship is worth it. Chams are cool. But there are also some pretty cool people out there that are worth the sacrifices. It's up to you where you draw the line for how much you will sacrifice. @jamest0o0 sacrificed his youth and now he's older than @kinyonga! :oops: I do agree with James, chameleons are pretty damn good for the soul.

San Diego is pretty, but the rent sucks booty cheeks. Working overtime is a surefire way to burn out. Is there not a third option? Why do you think you would have to get rid of your cham if you move outside of San Diego (assuming that there's another option besides Hawaii)?

Soo after a little roller coaster ride. It looks like me and my chameleon are going to stay in San Diego vs going to the island.

I'm flattered by the encouragement and support that I've gotten here on the forums.

After making up my mind to move and working out the logistics and finally getting things set in motion my girlfriend and I ended up breaking up.
SOOO with all that now I'll have motivation to build out a new enclosure once I find a new apartment hehehe

Soo after a little roller coaster ride. It looks like me and my chameleon are going to stay in San Diego vs going to the island.

I'm flattered by the encouragement and support that I've gotten here on the forums.

After making up my mind to move and working out the logistics and finally getting things set in motion my girlfriend and I ended up breaking up.
SOOO with all that now I'll have motivation to build out a new enclosure once I find a new apartment hehehe
Hell yeah, first person I’ve met to make it girl or the chameleon. I’m proud of you, you’ll be in the history books.

I'm so sorry you had to breakup! At least you have your cham still

Good that you've made decisions....so sorry to hear you and your girlfriend split up though.

Glad to hear it! You seem to be in good spirits so it sounds like you made the right decision. Sorry that you had to break up, must have been tough. But you better keep us updated on that new enclosure build! And I'm glad that you will be staying in the hobby!

So you think @jamest0o0 is older than me?!? I assume you mean because he's suddenly 75! Haha...so that makes me 74 or less??? Haha!
I figured you could have used a compliment at your staggering age. We all know that you are in the triple digits! You're a vampire with silky-smooth skin and don't want to give up your identity. ;)😅

All kidding aside, I'm almost certain that @kinyonga will outlive me. I'll be like 90 years old and still see @kinyonga posting scientific articles here on the forums!

@Mendez said..."I figured you could have used a compliment at your staggering age. We all know that you are in the triple digits! You're a vampire with silky-smooth skin and don't want to give up your identity. ;)😅"...I vant to bite you on da neck!

"All kidding aside, I'm almost certain that @kinyonga will outlive me. I'll be like 90 years old and still see @kinyonga posting scientific articles here on the forums!"...you might make it to 90 but it will be my ghost posting articles on the forum! I promise I'll come back to haunt you!!

Ok...now we need to stop stealing @Multivitamins thread.
Multivitamins needs some support!

Back
Top Bottom