sad!!!

mathew

I went to a mom and pop pet shop in council bluffs, ia. They have got this poor female Jackson. She has got a terrible infection in her mouth you can tell she hasn't ate for a while. The poor things tongue is so swollen its sticking out of her mouth. You can see the infection on the side of her mouth. It is just so sad to see her like that. It breaks my heart. They are still asking 149.95 for her. I'm going to call the owner tomorrow and talk to him and see if I can pick her up dirt cheap. I just want to take her to my vet. She has to be cheap or I'm not going to be able to afford the vet. I just wanted to tell someone about this so sad

Jackson

Dont offer to pay, tell them this you will take this animal off your there hands for free so you can take it to the vet. I used to work at a pet shop and if it dies they right it off for full price for taxes, atleast this way it has a chance and you wont have to tell everyone how bad the place is .....and they wont have to worry about some little kid watching it die in there store.

I sure will give that a shot in the morning. And I'm not trying to talk bad about them. Just on there care of the Jackson. They are generally pretty good. That's why I'm there every couple weeks cheap crickets lots of reptiles. She had a mouth infection a few months ago and we talked about it they said that they were treating it. It did look better. But now it looks like they may have given up on her. I'm just concerned for her well being and don't understand people

Whatever you do, don't but it for full price or even 'discounted' unless its like 90% off. If you do, you have just given them demand and they will re-supply.

Well I called and tried. They weren't going for it. They didn't care at all they told me full price. Sad day

You did all you could do Matthew, what a shame. Why someone who obviously hates animals would open a pet store is beyond me.

Thanks for your efforts.

can you try the spca ? that is just not right - but at least you tried to help her
I work w/ the humane society, they used to get calls on the same "pet" shop all the time until it closed down - the day it closed was a GREAT day for animals !!

Back
Top Bottom