Sad Tale of 2 chams Housed Together

She had 2 clutches with them in the 8 months they owned her. The first one is what probably started her downhill slide. She stayed low in the cage, beneath the plant for the most part. Away from basking and UVB. It seems as long as the owners could see her down there, and she wasn't dead, they figured she was OK. Then the wife realized there was a prob and began hand feeding her. I think that was shortly before we purchased her. Although the couple claimed "she always looked like that-since we got her". That's possible, just not probable.

Thank God for forums such as this. Dave Weldon gave us great advice when our veiled male Guido was impacted, and then directed us to this forum. Guido came through it just great. He had eaten a bundle of twigs from some dead matter at the base of one of his plants. (I was putting stones on the soil at the base of his plants, but was not careful to remove all the little dead matter that can accumulate as the plant ages.) After over-hydration, pedialyte, and canned pears, Guido's body coated the mass with enough mucus for him to pass it. That was in May of 2007. Guido will turn 4 this year. He's the chunky guy in our Avatar.

How is she doing?

I was just thinking about your female and was wondering how she is doing these days with some proper care. Please give us an update. I'm sure that male is doing great, he is beautiful!

this is awful, how could someone let her get in such a state?!
i wanted to re-post this on the UK reptile forum i go on but having read the thread I see others have already talked about this forum and about certain people who agree with keeping chams together so being a newbie i dont think its my place to do so, however I do see on there quite regularly people who have not done their research and gone and bought a pair, i just hope these people will realise their mistake a long time before these people!

Backyard breeders, were they? What're ya gonna do? They seem to be everywhere these days. It sucks for the animals, definitely.

I'd like to see some pics of her and see how much she's improved since the first set of pics.

I know this is an old post and my question is unrelated to the main subject, but I wanted to know: what kind of plant is pictured in the enclosure on the first page? It looks much denser than a lot of the commonly recommended plants.

Back
Top Bottom