RocketMan has a new home

Lazereth

Avid Member
My girlfriend and I worked countless hours thinking and building a new enclosure for RocketMan. So we bought a chicken coupe and modified the heck out of it. Cause there was no way she would let me an eye sore in the living room.
image.jpeg

You can see the extra framing and backdrop that was added. I don't have pics of all the additional framing we did but it's solid as all can be now. We then had to add a cricket cup feeder of some sort. So we got a bird feeder and modified the heck out of that as well.
image.jpeg
The plexiglass runs all the way up the back with the purple mesh for the crickets and such to hang on to till there demise. Also I cut the plexiglass in the front so he could access it.

Now his enclosure is super huge and pics don't do it justice on how big it is but he has adjusted well to it and actually uses the feeder. Here are some more pics.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks good! I can appreciate where you're coming from, I'm converting an armoire right now to avoid the same "eyesore" you had to haha. I really like how you made that feeder cup, new ideas for mine! Thanks for sharing, great out of the box thinking/repurposing!!!

Awesome job!

Offering enough space for Melleri seems to always be the challenge. Your chicken coupe idea paid off.

Now, there will be enough space for when I bring Macumba to have a little breeding session!!! Lol.

Well done!

Awesome job!

Offering enough space for Melleri seems to always be the challenge. Your chicken coupe idea paid off.

Now, there will be enough space for when I bring Macumba to have a little breeding session!!! Lol.

Well done!
We should make that happen lol

The chicken wire is not dense enough
Yes the crickets can escape if they like. But I built them a nice home inside his enclosure. Seriously though the crickets stay in the cricket house with no issues. If you had a Meller's chameleon you would understand that regular screen isn't a good idea with the daggers that grow in the end of their toes.

Very neat set up! I love the bird feeder idea, but any chance of him trying to nab the crickets through the plexi?

I forgot the brand but they are made for reptile enclosures. I picked them up at a reptile expo near my town.

Back
Top Bottom