Reputable Online Feeder Sources

CalamityCrow

Avid Member
Hello y'all! So in the past week or so, my baby cham has decided that dubia are currently yucky and he'll literally pick BSFL out of his feeder cup from around the dubia. :rolleyes: So I'm in the market to find other feeder options that he'd like, so I can add variety. Ideally, I'm looking for silkworms since they seem hard to find and I don't hate them like I do hornworms.

I want to curate a list of reputable online feeder sources. If people post their favorite sites they buy from, and where in the world they're located, I'd be happy to update this thread to reflect that so we can have an easy go-to place to look at feeder options, and direct new folks to them as well. Maybe we can help keep parasite loads down in chams when people stop buying crickets from the local commercial pet store.

I'd love to get this pinned - I searched the other forums and didn't see any pinned feeder-specific lists anywhere else.

Either way: Share what you've got!

Hello y'all! So in the past week or so, my baby cham has decided that dubia are currently yucky and he'll literally pick BSFL out of his feeder cup from around the dubia. :rolleyes: So I'm in the market to find other feeder options that he'd like, so I can add variety. Ideally, I'm looking for silkworms since they seem hard to find and I don't hate them like I do hornworms.

I want to curate a list of reputable online feeder sources. If people post their favorite sites they buy from, and where in the world they're located, I'd be happy to update this thread to reflect that so we can have an easy go-to place to look at feeder options, and direct new folks to them as well. Maybe we can help keep parasite loads down in chams when people stop buying crickets from the local commercial pet store.

I'd love to get this pinned - I searched the other forums and didn't see any pinned feeder-specific lists anywhere else.

Either way: Share what you've got!
I'm located in NJ, and I have a pretty picky male panther.

What I've TRIED feeding: dubias, superworms, silkworms, BSFL, hatched BSF, hornworms(as a treat), crickets

What he actually eats: silkworms, BSFL, hatched BSF, hornworms (as a treat), crickets

I buy my silkworms from @FramsChams strictly.
I buy crickets and BSFL from Joshs Frogs.

Sometimes I also get BSFL from Frams. But it depends on who has large available, and when I need them, plus do I also need silkworms? Or do I also need cricekts?

I've also bought pretty much ALL of these bugs from dubia.com. I have no complains. In fact, if you check on their site often, they give GREAT discounts at times. Like unbelievable discounts. I've had no issues with the 'discounted' bugs.

Spike has gone through spells of picking and choosing what he wants to eat. early on, he started refusing to eat silkworms (until I introduced him REALLY small ones, like BSFL size... then he went straight to eating mediums again, and now eats large). He has NEVER eaten a dubia, or a superworm under my care. Not a single one. He's pretty much always eaten his BSFL, and actual hatched BS flies. For a long time he refused to eat hornworms(even if they were small). Eventually once he got a little bigger he started to eat them and now he will eat them first when I offer them (which is kinda rare). He's always been very steady with crickets..............

...........until this past week. For the last like 3-4 days he hasn't eaten any crickets. He's just been eating like 1-2 large silkworms. Yesterday I got in a new batch of large BSFL, and after eating 1 silk he also immediately ate some BSFL, and ate all 6 that I put into his container. I didn't even bother offering him crickets today. Tomorrow, I will offer 4 crickets (they're kinda small/med), 2 large silks, and 6 more large BSFL and just see how it goes. Sometimes when I stop offering him something that hes not eating, and then offer them again after a day or so, he will then eat them lol

FYI - I have had bad-poor results from tcinsects 3 times. I tried them 2 times looking for improvement and the 3rd time was a replacement for the second order. Someone else may have had better success. Feel free to try them and make your own decision.

Frams chams for good quality silkies, they have auto ship option- love it.
Dubia.com for all other feeders. I’ve also used tc insects a few times, Good results.
I'm very pleased with Frams Chams subscription for silkworms. If they don't have the size you ordered they will reach out and give you the option to cancel the subscription for a month or accept a smaller size.

Back
Top Bottom