Rock Solid Gutload food - anyone?

Mesnik

Has anyone heard from those peope at Rock Solid lately?

I have placed an order back October 9th. They cashed the money and that was it. I have sent emails without any response.

Not about the money, just the lack of news... I am glad I have other products to feed my crickets!

Very weird, and definitely not nice.

Roberto.

I had a similar problem. Placed an order, used paypal, and never...ever...heard back from them. That was like 4 months ago. I emailed probably 10 times trying to get in contact and not a single response, ever. The only thing that saved me was using paypal as they never accepted my invoice and the payment ceased.

Strange though. Very very poor business etiquette.

I don't know where they are located cause it doesn't state in the web site.

Well, thanks for the info Kam808. I am calling my credit card.

And I guess this should serve as a good warning to all the other here that might consider this company.

Good news is that cricketfood.com has a great product for gutload. They can take some time to make your order (sometimes 4-6 weeks) but they are consistent.

Yeah! I got some from them and it looks pretty good. I ordered both at the same time. I wanted to try both and I guess Rock Solid decided for me!!

I just filed a claim with PayPal disputing my order as well...

Good news is that cricketfood.com has a great product for gutload. They can take some time to make your order (sometimes 4-6 weeks) but they are consistent.

Be VERY careful with this gutload as it has caused edema in a few of my animals and others on this forum have had the same problem!!

Be VERY careful with this gutload as it has caused edema in a few of my animals and others on this forum have had the same problem!!

WOW..Really?????? I thought that this was GREAT gutload for my crickets I have not heard of this before. HHHMMMMMMMM. I really do not have time to make my own gutload, I really like to buy it pre-made. I got the premium gutload from cricketfood.com and is so simple and quick to use. Now what am I suppose to do?

Same thing happened with me at Rock Solid. Very disappointing, as it looks like it was a great product. I did a charge back with PayPal.

Heika

Gutload food causing edema?

In another thread, it was mentioned that some cricket gutload food caused edema in some chams.

Can anyone suggest which cricket gutload food is good to use?

Thanks.

I thought I had started a new thread but it doesn't look so...

Anyway, yes, Cricketfood.com is the one that Chameloman72 said it caused edema!?

I don't understand how one can pin point the food you feed the cricket to be THE cause for an edema. Not to mention that just saying edema doesn't mean anything by itself.

What do I know, I am just an engineer...

So, if no one answers back with solid direction, cricketfood.com sounds like the way to go for me.

Roberto

I thought I had started a new thread but it doesn't look so...

Anyway, yes, Cricketfood.com is the one that Chameloman72 said it caused edema!?

I don't understand how one can pin point the food you feed the cricket to be THE cause for an edema. Not to mention that just saying edema doesn't mean anything by itself.

What do I know, I am just an engineer...

So, if no one answers back with solid direction, cricketfood.com sounds like the way to go for me.

Roberto

Hey Roberto, I had NO issues with edema until I started feeding the advanced formula from cricketfood.com to my crickets and after a couple of weeks I started seeing swollen necks in three of my chameleons!! I then realized the ONLY thing I did differently was use this gutload and coinsidently It was two weeks before I noticed the edema that I started to use this gutload!! I then backed off this gutload and am now noticing that the swelling is going down!! So....I can positively say it was the gutload!!

Hey Roberto, I had NO issues with edema until I started feeding the advanced formula from cricketfood.com to my crickets and after a couple of weeks I started seeing swollen necks in three of my chameleons!! I then realized the ONLY thing I did differently was use this gutload and coinsidently It was two weeks before I noticed the edema that I started to use this gutload!! I then backed off this gutload and am now noticing that the swelling is going down!! So....I can positively say it was the gutload!!

What species did this happen to?

if one ingredient is tainted with rat poison it will probably cause adema

Somehow, I think that the folks at Cricket Food would avoid putting rat poison into the mix.

I am letting them know that this thread is going on so they can give some input.

FYI.. edema is not caused by rat poison. It is caused by oversupplementing, usually, although sodium is believed to play a part. It is seen most often in the montane species, because they seem to be most sensitive to hypervitaminosis. Preformed vit A is often a culprit, too.

I don't use cricketfood gutload, so have no idea one way or the other how chams react to it. In all honesty, I have heard good stuff about the product. I mix my own because I like to know exactly what I am putting into my chams.

Heika

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom