roaches

repsol153

how does everyone keep their roaches. everything that i've tried has failed. they keep climbing up the walls.

Use vasaline or olive oil to keep them from climbing up.

Also, you NEED ventilation if you don't have it. Either a screen top of a lid, or solder out a square in a sterilite bin and glue some screen onto it.

You also must offer high protein food. Dog and cat food is good.

How are you failing exactly? Are they dying or escaping? Also, what is the species? I'm assuming lobster.

i just got some from a pet store. it's a mix of dubia's lobster's. theres even some white roaches in there. but they weren't exactly escaping, i am just tired of them climbing up the side of the bin.

If your talking about Dubia, they can't climb smooth serfaces but many plastic storage containers are not smooth enough. Some have a very slight texture that the roaches can crawl up. You want a colored container that is as smooth as the clear containers they sell.

If your talking about Dubia, they can't climb smooth serfaces but many plastic storage containers are not smooth enough. Some have a very slight texture that the roaches can crawl up. You want a colored container that is as smooth as the clear containers they sell.

ok, yea i've noticed when i threw one into a small yogurt cup, and it couldn't climb up. so Walmart here i come. thanks guys. really appreciate it.

They do not actually need so much protein. Using dog and cat food is a poor choice as it creates more unhealthy feeders in the long run. Using a good (healthy) dry food/gutload and fresh veggies and fruits works just fine. If you feel you must provide extra protein, spirulina and nuts work well.

Just put clear packing tape around the inside of the tote you have them in About half way up is fine or just above the egg crates, They wont be able to pass the line of tape. Make sure the totes at Wal-Mart are completely smooth. I use the light blue 35 gallon sterlite totes that they sell Most of the others have just a little texture to them, unless you want the clear ones but then the whole light issue starts.

Back
Top Bottom