Dubia Infestation

It just hit me that we had an infestation of cave/camel/spider crickets in the last home, which we rented. It had an unfinished damp basement and was close to the woods. They were awful and we had to catch them by laying strips of duct tape with the adhesive stripe facing up. One night we caught 50+. But I think admitting you have a cricket infestation vs roach infestation is night and day as far as the reactions you’ll get.

I have a funny story with this. My husband is terrified of my roach bin, I keep telling them they can't infest our house, etc etc....then one night he is sitting at the dining table and a rogue roach was on his sleeve while he was eating cereal. Didn't phase me at all but he lost it after that. I wasn't allowed roaches for a while after that. I literally had to beg my husband to let me get them again because they are a good feeder....lol...good times....

I have a funny story with this. My husband is terrified of my roach bin, I keep telling them they can't infest our house, etc etc....then one night he is sitting at the dining table and a rogue roach was on his sleeve while he was eating cereal. Didn't phase me at all but he lost it after that. I wasn't allowed roaches for a while after that. I literally had to beg my husband to let me get them again because they are a good feeder....lol...good times....
Omg it’s like that dinner scene from Problem Child 2 !!

Starts at 35 seconds

I can’t handle this uncertainty. I’ll be served with divorce papers if I infest our home with roaches. Returned!
This may sound stupid but just don’t let them escape. Dubai’s can’t climb smooth surfaces so as long as your bin is a smooth smurface the chances of one escaping is very little. Then when your feeding them off just put them in a feeder run cup I’ve yet to see any Dubai’s inside my house over the past year of having my colony

This may sound stupid but just don’t let them escape. Dubai’s can’t climb smooth surfaces so as long as your bin is a smooth smurface the chances of one escaping is very little. Then when your feeding them off just put them in a feeder run cup I’ve yet to see any Dubai’s inside my house over the past year of having my colony
Right, the one I had that got out I deep cleaning the bin and I was pretty sure one got out from a paper towel i had used but I didn't worry about it at the time.

Back
Top Bottom