ReptiSun or Mega-Ray?

lyndra

I know a lot of you have other reptiles in addition to your chams and I'm wondering if you can help. Our beardies are currently living in terrariums with a Reptisun 10.0 running across the entire length of the tanks. In the basking area we're using a halogen flood light. I recently found a link to Mega-Ray. It sounds very interesting, but before I invest that kind of money, I would like to know if any of you have switched from regular bulbs and Repti Sun to Mega-Ray's SB 100 bulb and their fluorescent tubes. Did you notice any difference in your reptile's health, behavior, looks, appetite, attitude?

...Our beardies are currently living in terrariums with a Reptisun 10.0 running across the entire length of the tanks. ...I recently found a link to Mega-Ray. It sounds very interesting...
Howdy Lyndra,

The Mega-Ray MV lamp is a quality product. I believe that for a Beardie, you'll have a great UVB source. If you want it for just UVB, buy the EB (externally ballasted) unit and their ballast unit which will be cheaper in the long run. If you want to have it also produce heat for basking then you'll need the SB (self-ballasted) unit which, by its name, comes with an internal filament used for ballasting. That filament is what burns-out or breaks from rough handling :eek:.

Hi Dave,
thank you for the information. I will ponder over this for a few more days. However I would be getting the SB for heat reasons, because the 60 gallon tank this particular beardie is in is not big enough to create a second basking area. Igor is growing like a weed and makes the 60 gallon look small already.He is only 5 months old.
It was nice to meet you at the Pomona shows.

Back
Top Bottom