Help needed with heat bulbs

PlanetRemulak

Avid Member
Heat bulb has been on since 8:30 AM, and as of 1 PM today I’ve only been able to get the basking spot up to 77 F. Beau’s been glued to the basking spot all day trying his hardest to warm up. I purchased a heat dome with a dimmer switch and am looking to use 100 watt bulbs with it, that way I can fine tune it as the weather changes. The problem I’m having now is *finding* 100w bulbs that aren’t LED‘s/that I can actually have shipped to my address. Incandescent bulbs can no longer be shipped to California, which makes things really difficult. I hesitate to use bulbs marketed toward reptiles, they always seem to be higher priced just because there’s a lizard of some sort on the box (and the primary complaint among Amazon reviewers is that they don’t last). Is there anyone else here also located In California that might have any recommendations? Does anyone have any experience with either of these?

Philips 90 watt equivalent flood

Fluker’s 100 watt spotlight

Zoo Med 100 watt basking bulb

Thank you!!

Heat bulb has been on since 8:30 AM, and as of 1 PM today I’ve only been able to get the basking spot up to 77 F. Beau’s been glued to the basking spot all day trying his hardest to warm up. I purchased a heat dome with a dimmer switch and am looking to use 100 watt bulbs with it, that way I can fine tune it as the weather changes. The problem I’m having now is *finding* 100w bulbs that aren’t LED‘s/that I can actually have shipped to my address. Incandescent bulbs can no longer be shipped to California, which makes things really difficult. I hesitate to use bulbs marketed toward reptiles, they always seem to be higher priced just because there’s a lizard of some sort on the box (and the primary complaint among Amazon reviewers is that they don’t last). Is there anyone else here also located In California that might have any recommendations? Does anyone have any experience with either of these?

Philips 90 watt equivalent flood

Fluker’s 100 watt spotlight

Zoo Med 100 watt basking bulb

Thank you!!
I’ve used/am using some of the Fluker’s. They seem to do just fine. I haven’t kept track of how long they last and imo, all light/basking bulbs don’t last long enough.

I’ve used/am using some of the Fluker’s. They seem to do just fine. I haven’t kept track of how long they last and imo, all light/basking bulbs don’t last long enough.
In that case, I suppose this is sort of an ”it is what it is” situation, and I’ll probably have to go with bulbs marketed toward reptiles. Glad to hear the Fluker’s brand has worked out okay, because so far it’s the cheapest option.

https://www.chewy.com/exo-terra-daylight-basking-reptile/dp/280292. Do reptile bulbs get an exemption from California incandescent ban?
I’m guessing so? Looks like I can order the bulbs you linked to, no problem!

I’d love for them to! There’s a “item cannot be shipped to your address” notice where I’d add it to my cart, though. I’ve been fighting Amazon over this one all afternoon, lol. Thank you so much for looking :)

https://www.chewy.com/exo-terra-daylight-basking-reptile/dp/280292. Do reptile bulbs get an exemption from California incandescent ban?
Yep, thankfully the ban doesn't apply to animal-specific lighting. I have had no trouble in the past ordering halogen reptile bulbs. Getting incandescents shipped to my door from Home Depot is a different story. Kinda sucks. I hate reptile brand lighting. All of it seems too strong. Incandescents are the way to go if given the option.

Back
Top Bottom