Reptisun and plants?

Good question

I'd like to know too. There's probably a study out there somewhere. I do know that anything more than a 5.0 burns my plants. 2.0 4-6 hours a day seems to be the best for me.

The way someone described it to me was, if you use 5.0 then its like putting the plants in a tanning bed! no good at all!

Last edited:
whaat? so a 10.0 is going to roast them? Thats what i'm using but its filtered via exo-terra screen (flexarium).

my plants are thriving with the 5.0 bulbs i believe they really make them grow more than normal lights ive got the pothos to prove it

I don't believe it the sun emits plenty of UV light and plants have been around for million of years. Don't believe everything you read online.

Yes but you probably shouldn't be using a 10.0 unless you have one of those plastic mesh screened cages.

Flexarium. (exo-terra one) I've had a lot of research on this and asked a lot of questions. The 10.0 gets reduced alot by atleast 50% due to the exo-terra mesh.

Ok cool just making sure. It should be just fine for your plants. Lots of people have no problem using the UV 5.0 bulb with plants which would be equivalent to the 10.0 given your cage.

Yeah. I'm going to be upgrading to an aluminium screen enclosure in november. I will purchase a 5.0 for then.

You can just add on extra flourescent lighting if you want to help your plants. No UVb type bulbs will do no damage to your plant in normal conditions.

Back
Top Bottom