Reptile show

Monta

Established Member
I went to the Tinley Park reptile show yesterday , it was a 3 1/2 hour trip. I've been there twice before , but was a little disappointed not as many venders there . I planned on getting a Panther Chameleon and only saw one person selling them . They also wanted 300.00 $ a little pricey I thought. My cage was delivered while I was at show so I wasn't to upset not getting one . If they had a exceptional nice looking one I would of had them ship it to me later this week. I did buy supplies that was a plus going there . I'm retired now so I have lots of time to set up my cage up. I been reading this website and watch YouTube also to get ideas.

3 and 1/2 hours drive it shows ur chameleon love n dedication and Im glad u found ur love into this forum,reading is fun when u enjoy what u doing, I love reading also,but writing for me can be hit or miss sometimes:)

I went to the Tinley Park reptile show yesterday , it was a 3 1/2 hour trip. I've been there twice before , but was a little disappointed not as many venders there . I planned on getting a Panther Chameleon and only saw one person selling them . They also wanted 300.00 $ a little pricey I thought. My cage was delivered while I was at show so I wasn't to upset not getting one . If they had a exceptional nice looking one I would of had them ship it to me later this week. I did buy supplies that was a plus going there . I'm retired now so I have lots of time to set up my cage up. I been reading this website and watch YouTube also to get ideas.
Thank you for the kind words.i love animals of all kind I have a zoo here at home

I just recently missed the HERP here in New Orleans. I ended up finding a few awesome private panther breeders on facebook with some of the best panthers bloodlines i've seen... Idk if im allowed to link but look up "Shogun Chameleons" he has one male baby nosy faly left. I just got mine friday from him. Check his page out and look at the Sires, some amazing chameleons he is breeding..

I seen a couple there but panthers are not always there too much, we have plenty of sponsors that have awesome breeders

$300 doesn't seem to far fetched for panthers. I've seen them from about $250~$400.

The local reptile shows were the $250 panthers:
full

I also was like you and thought "why so expensive"?? :mad: When I couldn't get them for any less than $300 from a reputable breeder, I looked much more closely at what I was getting for the money as opposed to the cheaper $250 from the reptile show. What I learned is that the shows (unless you go to the larger ones and then you are paying the $300+ price anyways) are usually middlemen of smaller breeders who do not necessarily specialize in chameleons. I would have a hard time getting assistance from them later as they all seemed to have bought from a larger breeder and they new little to nothing about the animals other than the basics that anyone can look up on a forum. With so little knowledge of the animals, I had to question the health and quality of the animal. He was a cutie though...o_O

I paid over $300 for mine from a forum sponsor and breeder. I couldn't be happier. The assistance and knowledge shared are worth the extra cost. I look at it like a sort of insurance policy. I feel confident that my little Cham is healthy, comes from good breeding and if I have any issues, I can always email Nick for help and he was very responsive to all my questions and concerns. You can't get that level of help from a cheap fly by night breeder.

Sherman: my beautiful little boy panther from Canvas Chameleons.
full

$300 doesn't seem to far fetched for panthers. I've seen them from about $250~$400.
He's beautiful !
full

I also was like you and thought "why so expensive"?? :mad: When I couldn't get them for any less than $300 from a reputable breeder, I looked much more closely at what I was getting for the money as opposed to the cheaper $250 from the reptile show. What I learned is that the shows (unless you go to the larger ones and then you are paying the $300+ price anyways) are usually middlemen of smaller breeders who do not necessarily specialize in chameleons. I would have a hard time getting assistance from them later as they all seemed to have bought from a larger breeder and they new little to nothing about the animals other than the basics that anyone can look up on a forum. With so little knowledge of the animals, I had to question the health and quality of the animal. He was a cutie though...o_O

I paid over $300 for mine from a forum sponsor and breeder. I couldn't be happier. The assistance and knowledge shared are worth the extra cost. I look at it like a sort of insurance policy. I feel confident that my little Cham is healthy, comes from good breeding and if I have any issues, I can always email Nick for help and he was very responsive to all my questions and concerns. You can't get that level of help from a cheap fly by night breeder.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

I don't mind the higher prices but I'd like to see the color of the Sire too. No brick and mortar place for me. I want a juvenile male. I know I can't rush to get one .i look on the Internet everyday and cold weather here in Ohio may be a factor for me getting one now.

I don't mind the higher prices but I'd like to see the color of the Sire too. No brick and mortar place for me. I want a juvenile male. I know I can't rush to get one .i look on the Internet everyday and cold weather here in Ohio may be a factor for me getting one now.

Any reputable breeder SHOULD take into account the weather and not ship if it's too cold. Nick made me wait 3 weeks for a window of good weather before he shipped my little Sherman to me. :mad::mad::mad: <-----I'm kidding, I was fine with waiting. :LOL:

Where is Ohio are you? I'm in the Dayton area (near WPAFB) and it's been cold, but with a lot of warmer (above 40 F) with RAIN.....

Use the time you have without a cham to learn all you can and get everything set up and running smoothly for him. I had my terrarium running for a few days before he arrived to be sure temps and humidly/ misting etc. was all going to wrok out.

Good luck! Be sure to share pics of the setup and of the new panther !

Any reputable breeder SHOULD take into account the weather and not ship if it's too cold. Nick made me wait 3 weeks for a window of good weather before he shipped my little Sherman to me. :mad::mad::mad: <-----I'm kidding, I was fine with waiting. :LOL:

Where is Ohio are you? I'm in the Dayton area (near WPAFB) and it's been cold, but with a lot of warmer (above 40 F) with RAIN.....

Use the time you have without a cham to learn all you can and get everything set up and running smoothly for him. I had my terrarium running for a few days before he arrived to be sure temps and humidly/ misting etc. was all going to wrok out.

Good luck! Be sure to share pics of the setup and of the new panther !
Sorry didn't see your post till just now .i live right outside Toledo and it cold today.i talked to Briana at Kammerflage and she was great, very informative I loved her! I'm getting one of their juvenile's I'm sure they are a reputable company right?

Sorry didn't see your post till just now .i live right outside Toledo and it cold today.i talked to Briana at Kammerflage and she was great, very informative I loved her! I'm getting one of their juvenile's I'm sure they are a reputable company right?

Crazy weather huh? :confused: It was 70 degrees the other day, then 30 the next morning, then massive thunderstorms etc...

I bought my Cham from Canvas Chameleons. Great company, very personal. I've heard good things from Kammerflage as well, but I have no first hand experience with them.

Back
Top Bottom