Repticon-tampa

kdmelendez

Hey, any fellow Tampa bay folks going to Repticon or have gone before? I have a question. I'm thinking of going! :)

I've gone a couple times before and had fun, usually the big cat rescue is there with cubs which you can pet/hold for a small donation so I definitely love that, along with all the other usual reptile stuff.

What questions do you have?

I'll probably go. Was supposed to go to the Orlando repticon but couldn't make it. This will be my first repticon so I can't answer your question, hope someone else can.

I've gone a couple times before and had fun, usually the big cat rescue is there with cubs which you can pet/hold for a small donation so I definitely love that, along with all the other usual reptile stuff.

What questions do you have?
Oh awesome! I've never gone before and I just heard about it. I'm really thinking of going though! I'm just unsure when it is though. It says March 16-17th but then on the website it says March 24-25th. I'm confused, which one is it?

Also, I heard you can buy reptiles there too. Is that true? I am looking in buying a Veiled Chameleon and I can't find anyone in the bay area selling one or know someone that is.

Tampa is usually one of the larger Florida Repticons, in my experience. I've gone up 2 or 3 times, and always enjoyed myself. Of course you can buy reptiles there - be prepared to have a lot of self control, though! There tends to be a LOT of ball pythons, and since I'm not into them, that cuts down on what I actually look at. You should go and experience it - they usually have speakers/lectures sprinkled throughout the day, and a lot of Florida forum members go, so you can meet them.

Oh awesome! I've never gone before and I just heard about it. I'm really thinking of going though! I'm just unsure when it is though. It says March 16-17th but then on the website it says March 24-25th. I'm confused, which one is it?

Also, I heard you can buy reptiles there too. Is that true? I am looking in buying a Veiled Chameleon and I can't find anyone in the bay area selling one or know someone that is.

I just checked the site and saw it was 23-24? Can someone give clarification

Its a great show I never miss it and definitely will be there. As far as finding a veiled chameleon I know of a few places Largo Pinellas County reptiles and another in Dunedin but I don't remember there name. I just got a large male from the one in Dunedin. Here's a Video of him eating.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPCAsr9SnrM
Anyone in the Tampa area that wants to stop by and see my reptile room is welcome its like my own private pet shop.

Back
Top Bottom