Repticon Tampa March 26th & 27th

I will be there drumming up new members for the Suncoast Herpetological Society!

Should be a good show! Tampa Fairgrounds!

Will it be worth driving for 4 hours from Fort Laurderdale to Tampa?
I really want to go, but not be dissappointed

It does not look like any chameleon breeders will be there, however there are vendors that regularly sell chams. Dr. Alfonso will be giving a talk on supplementing and is doing $10 fecals.

Just wanted to remind everyone that Dr. Ivan Alfonso will be at the Tampa Repticon both days and will be doing $10.00 fecals at his table Kirkman Area Animal Clinic. Bring your fresh poop and enjoy some great reptiles.
http://www.repticon.com/tampa.html

Jann, will he be at the Pensacola Repticon on April 2-3? I could really use this oppurtunity. I'd totally drive 3 hours for it. However, I can't drive 8 hours to Tampa!

Just wanted to remind everyone that Dr. Ivan Alfonso will be at the Tampa Repticon both days and will be doing $10.00 fecals at his table Kirkman Area Animal Clinic. Bring your fresh poop and enjoy some great reptiles.
http://www.repticon.com/tampa.html

Not to sound stupid, but how fresh does it have to be. What about the day before the show, and should it be refidgerated or not. I guess my question is what would be the latest it could be to get an accurate reading. I live across the State.

The newer the better.. and try to store it in a sterile container to avoid any unwanted contamination.. (thats what my vet tells me)

jdog1027 Dr. Alfonso will not be in Pensacola.

Dupontman2 The fresher the better but I collect the day before incase I don't get one the morning of. Just put it in a zip lock bag with a wet (very damp) paper towel and keep in the frig. If traveling a ways to the show keep in a cooler.

Thanks JannB, I will do that. I have brought chams to Dr. Alfonso before at his clinic in Orlando. Just thought I would kill 2 birds with one stone, getting the fecals done and visiting the show. Hope to see you there!

I want to go so bad but I dont know how I'm going to get there!! :) if i dont make it i hope those who do have a great time!!

I'll be there, prolly around 2ish. Just a question... is anyone thinkin of bringing your cham with you? I've talked with the guy who holds the show and they said you can bring up to 2 pets with you as long as their under your control. Basically my cham just sits there lokin around. I dont know if its a good or bad idea...so many people that are going wanna see Spartacus and honestly he seems to like everyone he sees I dont wanna stress him out but pics just dont cut it sometimes my camera never gets those bright blues or reds and he looks so much brighter in person. I know people who are bringing their cham or beardie I just figured a nice trp out and about. Also wouldnt it be nice for that doctor to see the cham also instead of just a fecal? so I just wanted to ask. :)

People do bring animals, mostly snakes and beardies. I highly do not suggest bringing your chameleons. That is a ton of visual stress for them.

How much would it cost to get a fecal done at the vet? Since the show is every 4 months, would it be more cost effective to pay $10 every 8 months here than going to a vet to get it done?

Come on out to Tampa Repticon on Saturday! I will be there with a few Cham Forums give-a-ways! You can find me around the Suncoast Herpetological booth, near where they will be selling Reptile magazine-by the way I think that is 3 years for $24-you can't beat that! Should be a good show. Presentations start at 10AM, and Dr. Alfonso is talking about supplements at 2. There will be a USArk auction at 5:30-right after the show. Those are fun to watch! Hope to see you there! :)

Back
Top Bottom