QA on Chleo, looking for feedback

Nicca90

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/4k931"><a href="//imgur.com/4k931">Chleo&#39;s cage</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon The species-Veiled Sex-Female age-3 years in September How long has it been in your care? 3 years in December

Handling -

How often do you handle your chameleon? Rarely, she is used to me but doesn't super enjoy being held so I don't take her out often. She gets a nice shower and big drink usually shortly after laying eggs. I will also bring her outside for a short period of time when it is nice in the summer because she loves the sun.

Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? Meal worms, crickets, dubai roaches, horn worms.

What amount? I don't count these, she has some mealworms and hornworms that are still free range in her cage because she is going to lay soon.

What is the schedule? I normally feed her every morning different amounts depending on which bug I have, I order from mulberry farms

How are you gut-loading your feeders? I have been buying these blends they sell as a salad pack, they include kale, carrots, cabbage, etc. I also give any scraps of sweet potato, apple, horn worms eat horn chow.

Supplements -

What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Zoo-Med Reptivite and Rep-Cal. Calcium every other feeding and reptivite about once a week.

Watering -

What kind of watering technique do you use? I have a mister, dripper and a spray bottle

How often and how long to you mist? Mister stays on for hours at a time, she has a very large cage and her humidity won't stay where it needs to be otherwise.

Do you see your chameleon drinking? She drinks from the dripper mostly. Sometimes will drink water off leaves but usually sees the dripper right away.

Fecal Description -

Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Usually a nice mix of brown and white kinda reminds me of bird poop.

Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? No

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. She has had 4 layings of eggs and is going to start digging for her next any day now, she has been going down checking out the pots at the bottom of the cage, usually around 45 or so eggs. Last time, she had some in her from an older laying so had mixed sizes.

Cage Info: Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? 48x24x24, Screen

https://www.ebay.com/i/112688974293?chn=ps

Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? Zoo Med-I have one fixture that holds two 100 Watt heat bulbs and an 18" Zilla Zilla Slimline Desert Reptile UV Light

What is your daily lighting schedule? Everything on around 7:15 or so. I always turn off one of the heat bulbs around 7:45 before I go to work.

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot? temps right now 79 - 69 - 65 during the short time when her other heat light is they will increase by about 10 degrees

Lowest overnight temp? it is pretty consistently around 70 in there at night time.

How do you measure these temps? I only know because that is where the temp gauge (zoo med, digital) is as when I turn her stuff back on.

Humidity - What are your humidity levels? Stays around 60 consistently most of the time. Has dropped down sometimes to 25 or 30 at the lowest between sprayings.

How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? A mix of her fogger, mister, dripper and spraying her cage with a bottle mister.

Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Yes, she has 3 hibiscus, and little bit of devils ivy. There are usually more during the summer, as you can see, I bought a bunch of waterers because I can't seem to keep them alive otherwise.

Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? It is in our dining room on a table that is aboout 2.5 feet tall. I have a white sheet to go over her cage so she has some privacy. It is not down all the time, but a lot when she is going to lay soon or if we have company.

Location - Where are you geographically located? Southeast Iowa

Back
Top Bottom