Repti fogger

cham702

Hello everybody..Like I have this repti fogger and I wanna know if there any good for a panther chameleon...

Ummmm... No...

As long as you are providing 3-4 adequate misting sessions per day your Panther will have plenty of water and humidity. It is completely unnecessary for a panther.

A fogger is way over kill, literally... and could cause smoe serious resperatory issues if the humidity is kept to high.

*note* I have seen pictures of chameleons on the most obsured of comercial reptile products... that should never be used for a chameleon. Such as a Veiled chameleon on a Red reptile "Nigh Heat" bulb box.

~Joe

Ummmm... No...

As long as you are providing 3-4 adequate misting sessions per day your Panther will have plenty of water and humidity. It is completely unnecessary for a panther.

A fogger is way over kill, literally... and could cause smoe serious resperatory issues if the humidity is kept to high.

*note* I have seen pictures of chameleons on the most obsured of comercial reptile products... that should never be used for a chameleon. Such as a Veiled chameleon on a Red reptile "Nigh Heat" bulb box.

~Joe

Il take your Wrd...like my friend had a jackason and he was using a repti fogger on it and out of no where is Jackson got sick like he's eye's would get hella big then one day the chameleon couldn't open it's eye's ..does anybody have any clues about that

wow thats weird! they should take the cham of the box then... LOL :D
Wouldnt it depend on the type of enclosure(screen or plexi) and the # of times it shuts on and off??? I duno id think ud be able to use it for somthin...
:confused:

Il take your Wrd...like my friend had a jackason and he was using a repti fogger on it and out of no where is Jackson got sick like he's eye's would get hella big then one day the chameleon couldn't open it's eye's ..does anybody have any clues about that

I wouldn't be able to speak to your friends chameleon illness without knowing more info.

wow thats weird! they should take the cham of the box then... LOL :D
Wouldnt it depend on the type of enclosure(screen or plexi) and the # of times it shuts on and off??? I duno id think ud be able to use it for somthin...
:confused:

There are some species where using a fogger can be benficial. I can't think of any kind of enclosure that a Panther chameleon would be kept in where a fogger would be benificial.

A Jacksons chameleon would acutally be a species where I would consider using a fogger at night to raise the humidity.

~Joe

I wouldn't be able to speak to your friends chameleon illness without knowing more info.

There are some species where using a fogger can be benficial. I can't think of any kind of enclosure that a Panther chameleon would be kept in where a fogger would be benificial.

A Jacksons chameleon would acutally be a species where I would consider using a fogger at night to raise the humidity.

~Joe

hey he had his jackson for a min then he bought this repti fogger like the frist day he's Jackson would go undernieth it like he seemed to love it than on like the 4th day he's. Eyes would get big.then the3rd day after that kept on going on the next day he couldn't open he's eyes weird..

Yea I wouldnt use a fogger, they break easy any ways, or so ive been told.

I wouldnt see a reason you would need it unless you needed to raise humidity levels because in some places its just impossible to keep the humidty up but even then Id just get a cool mist humidifier instead.

The fogger would work if kept on a timer to run 15 min. at a time. It also needs to sit in water.
The unit gets hot also.
Maybe the Jackson got infection from dirty water brought up from the fogger?
I work in a pet store, so know the product.

The fogger would work if kept on a timer to run 15 min. at a time. It also needs to sit in water.
The unit gets hot also.
Maybe the Jackson got infection from dirty water brought up from the fogger?
I work in a pet store, so know the product.

Maybe the chameleon was sick when he bought it from the petstore..and he was using clean water....And i told him that's why u don't buy from a petstore..,

Maybe the chameleon was sick when he bought it from the petstore..and he was using clean water....And i told him that's why u don't buy from a petstore..,

It is possible that it was sick when he bought it. Many pet stores are bad for care and advice, but not all.
I have 25 years experience with reptiles and have kept most of what you see in the magazines.
I was just giving my experience with the fogger product!

It is possible that it was sick when he bought it. Many pet stores are bad for care and advice, but not all.
I have 25 years experience with reptiles and have kept most of what you see in the magazines.
I was just giving my experience with the fogger product!

Yeah I'm thinking on saling that repti fogger like I don't really use it that often...I think it was sick when he bought it becouse when he bought it.It was sleeping during the day...like u heard if a chameleon is sleeping during the day there sumthing wrong with it I don't know if that true if anybody could tell me if that true..

If a chameleon has it's eyes closed during the day, it is usually sick or very stressed.
Sell the fogger if you want,but try this first.
Use a porcelain dog dish full of water and put it on top of the cage. the top has to be stable if it is screen. Put the fogger in it and put a plastic cover on top of the dish. When you turn the fogger on, you can direct the mist to go downwards into the enclosure for about 15 minutes by moving the cover around.
It works great for emerald tree boas and mountain dragons. The chameleon should like it also and it won't wet the cage this way.
Just an idea.

If a chameleon has it's eyes closed during the day, it is usually sick or very stressed.
Sell the fogger if you want,but try this first.
Use a porcelain dog dish full of water and put it on top of the cage. the top has to be stable if it is screen. Put the fogger in it and put a plastic cover on top of the dish. When you turn the fogger on, you can direct the mist to go downwards into the enclosure for about 15 minutes by moving the cover around.
It works great for emerald tree boas and mountain dragons. The chameleon should like it also and it won't wet the cage this way.
Just an idea.

Thxs that like a good idea...

Back
Top Bottom