Crazy pothos growth

DutchChams

Established Member
Heey Guys!! How are we all doing? Been a little inactive on the forums due to busy work but things are cooling off now!!

Recently the pothos in my cage is exploding!! The growth is so insane, i keep cutting and chopping vines off but it just grows back harder 🤣

But ever since i got the fogger running again ( temps are dropping nicely in the nights now ) the pothos is growing these roots that grow to the substrate. It's really bizar and it never happend like this. Wil drop some pics below!

Can it be because of the fogger that is running in the nights?

Let me know!!

Have a great day everybody 💚🌍

Attachments

• 20231129_095656.jpg
    20231129_095656.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 20231129_095744.jpg
    20231129_095744.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20231129_095722.jpg
    20231129_095722.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 20231129_095817.jpg
    20231129_095817.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 20231129_095828.jpg
    20231129_095828.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 25
Heey Guys!! How are we all doing? Been a little inactive on the forums due to busy work but things are cooling off now!!

Recently the pothos in my cage is exploding!! The growth is so insane, i keep cutting and chopping vines off but it just grows back harder 🤣

But ever since i got the fogger running again ( temps are dropping nicely in the nights now ) the pothos is growing these roots that grow to the substrate. It's really bizar and it never happend like this. Wil drop some pics below!

Let me know!!

It's pretty normal and that's why it grows like crazy. The original soil isn't large enough anymore for the plants needs and it will grow air roots which eventually reach another source for water and nutrients. I've the same with my pothos and even other tropical plants.

interesting.jpg

It's pretty normal and that's why it grows like crazy. The original soil isn't large enough anymore for the plants needs and it will grow air roots which eventually reach another source for water and nutrients. I've the same with my pothos and even other tropical plants.

View attachment 347301
Freakin love it! Nature is truly amazing. Always another solution to a problem 💚🌿

Ohhh….I had no idea that’s why some throw out air roots. Good to know. I had one enclosure that the pothos grew wild like that with air roots all over and constantly having to cut the pothos back.
I've 3 different plants growing this way. Even if you stop watering the potted soil, the vines start to dry till the point of the air root and from the vine keeps healthy. It's absolutely fascinating and interesting to see.

View attachment 347301
Yours seem already rooted in the ground pretty deep! Can your'e cham climb on them? Are they like strong enough to hold some weight?

Yours seem already rooted in the ground pretty deep! Can your'e cham climb on them? Are they like strong enough to hold some weight?
Yes, in the soil, in the bark of the bigger lugs, in the soil of others plants. They’re really invasive. Sturdy? Yes and no, depends on species. It’s perfect my K. Boehmei but imperfect for a Panther. But! On the other hand they generally grow vertically and then they’re sturdy enough for a panther or veiled.

Yes, in the soil, in the bark of the bigger lugs, in the soil of others plants. They’re really invasive. Sturdy? Yes and no, depends on species. It’s perfect my K. Boehmei but imperfect for a Panther. But! On the other hand they generally grow vertically and then they’re sturdy enough for a panther or veiled.
Nice!! Hope they will grow wild hahah

Let me know!!

Why not just let it do it's thing!?

I have a very large, crazy pothos in the center of my enclosure. And as it grows I'm removing the smaller pothos I have (some of them aren't doing very well anyway, I think because of their location and my ignorance on maintaining them myself lol). I'm just moving the crazy pothos vines to those locations and letting it become the entire cover of the enclosure eventually.

Well, I still have my 2 large palms in there but they aren't doing well either. The big pothos and some of the smaller are absolutely thriving. My palms are struggling but I feel it has to do with the time of the year and needing more water.

Back
Top Bottom