Running a fogger all night

paulywally

So I just bought a chameleon there name is Patches (not sure the gender yet) but at night our house isn't the best insulated it gets pretty cold. Any where's from 40-50 depending if were running our heater. Of course when we run the heater it warms the house up but at night our chameleons cage stays around 60 to 70 degrees and the day most of the time 80.

Our house is pretty dry we don't have very much humidity. We have been running the fogger for majority of the night not on full blast of course mid way, and misting 30 minutes after lights go out. I know I typed a hole lot and haven't gotten to the question but is it okay if we run the fogger majority of the night. Rn our chameleons cage is at 92 humidity and 72 temp.

High humidity is great, at night when lights are off, as long as the daytime humidity dips way down. The branches should dry completely off during day hrs. How old is patches? Post some pics, n we can I'd for you. I have my fogger going between 1 am to 4 am. I always try to mimic how nature is in Madagascar. Your daytime temp is should be in upper 70s, depending in type n age, over 3 months, should have access to heating area, a 40w bulb is perfect for this.
Welcome to the forum, you found the best community 😊

My house is SUPER dry right now and I have my foggers running from 9-630 am on and off in 30 minute sessions. Its very helpful to fog at night for the chams hydration, however you want to make sure that your temps in the enclosure are no higher than 68 degrees when fogging.

Also warmest welcomes to you! Please share a pic of your cham if you can! We love pics here!

Hi there welcome to the forum. You can run the fogger all night but as mentioned your night time temps at 72 are too hot. This can lead to a respiratory infection due to the hot moist air. You really want to hit that 60-65 night time temp for them. The other really important part of fogging is air circulation so if you are using a glass enclosure this can cause really stagnant air that they are breathing in. Again risk for illness with this.

Back
Top Bottom