Night time humidity

davisc12

My house tends to be pretty humid rarely ever getting bellow 50%. However my chameleon is in our spare bedroom with about 10 fish tanks so sometimes it is as high as 70% in that room if the door is closed too long. I do have a dehumidifier i can use if needed but it makes the room pretty warm and its already 70-75 in the house to begin with. I have my lights on from 12-12 and i misted the tank around 1am last night and when i went to mist again this morning around 1130am it was still mid 80%. Would you forgo the fogger all together or still use it and maybe run the dehumidifier in the morning for an hoir to lower the room levels?

I personally would not use a fogger with humidity levels that high. I myself do not use one since I can get my humidity up in the 70's with a full hybrid cage and tons of plants. I just mist to maintain my levels.

When I lived in an extremely humid area I stopped fogging. It was overkill and I actually had chameleons that ended up over hydrated from the fogging on top of the high ambient levels I had.

Back
Top Bottom