Receptive Female Chameleons - Educational Video

Ok, so I put my Nosey be pair together, and he was really interested for a while, and started chasing her, but he stopped all of a sudden like he lost interest, what's up?

Like all of your videos Dez, they are very VERY helpful to me! You've helped me out tremendously over the phone and these videos! Thank you for your dedication to these marvelous creatures :)

Hi Dez, Jannb just directed me to this fantastic video. Thank you for sharing with us.

"Not this time, Anna" - brilliant :)

ok so I'm new to the forum I've been internet digging alot today because I'm pretty sure my female whom is about a year old so I got her a male things went well and they have mated a few times over 2 weeks or so now she's aggressive towards him so my thoughts are she must be pregnant. (or just tired of his advances) Time to move him to a differant cage. Yes?

ok so I'm new to the forum I've been internet digging alot today because I'm pretty sure my female whom is about a year old so I got her a male things went well and they have mated a few times over 2 weeks or so now she's aggressive towards him so my thoughts are she must be pregnant. (or just tired of his advances) Time to move him to a differant cage. Yes?

Yes remove her now

And next step is to set up a laying bin
https://www.chameleonforums.com/laying-bin-set-up-educational-video-77225/

I found your video very informative. I do not have a female yet, but I will remember this video when the time comes. Thank you for sharing it with us.

ok so how often do you try??

My 2 yr old female veiled laid her first clutch of eggs Sept 9 of this year! She had never been bred. I tried to introduce her to a male a month later but she actually attacked him (poor guy!) I didnt try again ,butnow it looks like shes making eggs again!! My question is, How long after a clutch do you try to introduce a male and,if the female is unreceptive,how often do you try???Im bummed that she will have another unfertile clutch because I understand that large clutches shorten their life span. (her first was 60 eggs!)

C
My 2 yr old female veiled laid her first clutch of eggs Sept 9 of this year! She had never been bred. I tried to introduce her to a male a month later but she actually attacked him (poor guy!) I didnt try again ,butnow it looks like shes making eggs again!! My question is, How long after a clutch do you try to introduce a male and,if the female is unreceptive,how often do you try???Im bummed that she will have another unfertile clutch because I understand that large clutches shorten their life span. (her first was 60 eggs!)

3 weeks I think it is after the female has laid. If she is not receptive try again in 2 to 5 days until she is.
You only need to show the male to you female to see of she is receptive. No need to put them in the cage together . That way nobody gets hurt if she is not in the mood and tries to attack

That video was so darn soothing. Put me into a nice tranquility. I don't see why you don't like your voice. In regards to the info, that was fantastic. I bookmarked it for future reference!
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom