Receptive Female Chameleons - Educational Video

In the future try it the other way around, introduce the males to her enclosure. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but I find it works better that way than bringing the female to the male.

Jann probably knows more about that than I. Most of my females have laid in a box in their cage so they were on their normal cycle, light wise.

Meaning wait until the next clutch? Also do I want to keep the lights on or off if I have put her in the laying bin to see if she is interested in digging?

They become receptive before they have a clutch or when they first start to form eggs.

What about the lighting when I put her in the egg bin?

Jann probably knows more about that than I. Most of my females have laid in a box in their cage so they were on their normal cycle, light wise.

I agree. If you use a cage then just put the laying bin in the cage and continue with your normal light cycle.

I got the egg bin underneath her cage now.

Here are a few pics. Hers is the one with the egg laying bin underneath.

32zow8y.jpg

30jgy89.jpg

You cant really see her stomach well but its bulging to the sides as the center is being pressed on by the vine.

You need to put lots of live plants in your cages. It give your chams places to drink and hide. Your will also need to give your girl complete privacy to lay eggs. I would cover the cage with a sheet or table cloth.

I used to have live plants in the cages but it didn't help with their drinking and didn't seem to help them in other ways. They have complete cover from 3/4 sides of their cage. They all drink from the sides of the cages and seem to enjoy it. I'll put a cover in front of the females cage.

the vid is no longer available

when i check the link the video is not available already,can i have a link of the vid? thanks

I made this video today to show the difference between a female chameleon who is ready to breed and one who is not. Basically its examples of receptive VS non receptive behavior.

I narrated it myself and I always hate the sound of my voice on tape :rolleyes:

Anyway I hope you will find it very informative

Thanks!

Awesome. Thanks for the video

I made this video today to show the difference between a female chameleon who is ready to breed and one who is not. Basically its examples of receptive VS non receptive behavior.

I narrated it myself and I always hate the sound of my voice on tape :rolleyes:

Anyway I hope you will find it very informative

Thanks!

Nice! Where do I go to ask questions? I'm new here

@Cmj well most questions have been answered in one way or another so I always start with the search function. If you do not find what you are looking for than just start a new thread in the appropriate forum, and we will do what we can to help. You should also avoid posting in old threads like this one.

Reactions: Cmj
Back
Top Bottom