Receptive Female Chameleons - Educational Video

i really loved this. very well made video! also it had a cute ending. you have a good voice for makeing videos so make lots!

Great video for new breeders to check out. This ought to be a sticky in the breeding section. Dont know how mny times Ive answered the how to tell if my female is receptive question. Good work Dez

Loved the video & very helpful indeed... it was very professional in my opinion... Your voice is perfect for narrating a video and went beautifully with the background music that you used... I am assuming that this goes for jackson's as well?

Would you directly deliver this video to my mailbox?

I am very interested in this video,but i cannot register web address that you provide ,would you directly deliver this video to my mailbox?My email is [email protected],thanks

I can not open two website

I can not open two website that you provide, and cannot download this video,I hope you delive this to my mailbox.thanks

I can not open two website

I can not open two website that you provide, and cannot download this video,I hope you delive this to my mailbox.thanks

Awesome educational video! Thank you so much for taking the time to make it. You sound great and you did a wonderful job!!!

How long with my female be receptive?

I think Roxy and Rico have mated, at least it looked like it a couple of days ago, but she was still interested in going to visit him last night but they did not do more than hug...

I thought if I put her in his cage she would reject him if she was gravid? Is that true.. How long can she stay receptive?

All very new to me...

Thanks a lot for this video it really gonna help me a lot when the mating time comes !!!!!

This behavior apply to any type of chameleon??

I believe it does.. though I am most familiar with Panthers, Veileds and Carpets which all have reactions like the ones I show in the video.

I have not tried to breed any live bearing species so I can't confirm their breeding behavior

Breeding behavior

Ok, because I'm getting a pair of Rudis Cham this Friday and I'll try to breed them this is gonna be my first breeding project so I'm gonna need all the info and help I can get! thanks 

My blue bar (female) has turned pink

I have two chameleon’s one female and the other male. Originally I bought one thinking it was a male, my girlfriend decided to purchase a chameleon as well. Because we bought them as babies it was difficult to tell the sex. After a few months the difference in sex was apparent.

We keep their cages next to each other with a divider between so they can’t see each other. One day the divider fell and the two spent the day looking at each other. Since then the female has developed a pinkish color. It has been roughly three week and her color is still pink.

Does her pink color indicate that she wants to mate?
2012-04-17175312.jpg

I heard from experience members that when a female panther develops the pink color it's cause she is ready to mate but wait some one that really knows confirm it!!

When a young female starts to show more pink than browns it means she is sexually mature. He body will probably be developing eggs shortly after.

We usually wait until 12 months old before we try to breed our females. It is more healthy that way

If a female is bred or introduced to a male too young is can cause complications as her body may not be done growing.

A female panther chameleons CAN start laying as early as 6 months old.. but you should think of it as a 13 year old human girl having a baby... yes it is possible but not really recommended

Once the female is a year old.. neutral pink color even when a male is introduced is a sign of being receptive to breeding

We keep their cages next to each other with a divider between so they can’t see each other. One day the divider fell and the two spent the day looking at each other. Since then the female has developed a pinkish color. It has been roughly three week and her color is still pink.

Does her pink color indicate that she wants to mate?
2012-04-17175312.jpg

Also there is a danger in letting young females see a male. Seeing a male may trigger her body to develop eggs... If she is too young they she could have problems with eggbinding

Its best not to let them see eachother at all... I understand it was an accident

How old is she?

Back
Top Bottom