Re-using water crystals?

Doug7025

Should I be re-using water crystals by re-hydrating them or throwing them away each time I clean/give food? They look kinda dirty so I have been replacing them each time. Can I reuse them once or twice?

The risk of bacterial contammination is really a fact if you just rehydrate them, that would be my first concern. I have really never seen the use for this product myself, its easy to make your own water dispenser.

Would it be possible to boil the crystals?

I don't know I just started using them myself. I've had a sambava panther for about 2 months now, and am new at this. (Other than spending probably four solid weekends reading this forum.) I am currently using them for dubias and crickets, but I also give them fresh greens, carrots, etc, so they should be also getting their hydration from that. The gut-loading diet I found on here, it seems like a very well-rounded diet. I also feed all the feeders this diet all the time, instead of switching to it a couple days prior to feeding them off.

I wouldent rehydrate them, they are so cheap that it is not even worth it to take a chance and let bacteria grow. If you do thats when you really start to hit some real problems.

-Clemonde

Back
Top Bottom