insect water crystals

Hello all!
I have purchased water crystals for the feeders to drink. After looking at the ingredients, it looks like it's the same thing as the Miracle-Gro water crystals for plants. Are they the same thing? Is it actually healthy to hydrate crickets with plastic?
How else can give them moisture?

I’ve never thought of this, wondering the same thing now… lol I use those and didn’t give it a second thought because it sold for feeders.

I have no problem switching to food-food for my feeders. However, I'm still curious if the water crystals for plants are the same thing. (My boss uses them for his chameleon annnddddd I don't want to correct him unless I'm SURE it's bad.)

Shouldnt be any different. Just remove water crystals from their rotation. In fact they should do much better with it/prefer it. And they will gain beneficial nutrients for themselves and to pass on. Your colonies will do better. But i dont leave anything that lasts more than 24 hours in at once.

Yeah wouldn't use them my dubia are over 2 years old and my last adult locusts where over 1 never any water or crystals , ( don't QUOTE me ) but I think I read somewhere or them causing issues in reptiles ,

I think it was the calcium/fortified ones causing issues. But to be honest theres just such better options out there. I used crystals like ages ago. In the 90s early 2000s when i knew nothing. But once i started breeding roaches etc its all been produce and chow (with chow being homemade and 50% of the produce grown in the last 10 years)

Back
Top Bottom