Random silly question

del33

What's the proper pronunciation of these words?

Ambilobe--- Am-bee-low-bee or Um-bi-luh-bee???
Nosey Be--- Nosy-Bee or Nosy Bey

Like I said,,, silly question but inquiring minds want to know......

Haha we must sound like weirdos at our computers trying to pronounce stuff.

I say it Am-bee-lo-bee
And I think the "Be" is supposed to be "Bay?" That's what I've heard but I still say Nosy "bee"

In English at least, I have different pronunciations when I'm talking in Spanish.

Madagascar was an old colony of France and while Malagasy is the most spoken language it is heavily influenced by French.

Am-bee-low-bay

Gnaw-see Bay (Not Nosy - Nawsee)

In English at least, I have different pronunciations when I'm talking in Spanish.

Haha... I'm the same way when I speak Filipino which is somewhat similar to Spanish... The vowels take on a whole different sound..

Madagascar was an old colony of France and while Malagasy is the most spoken language it is heavily influenced by French.

Am-bee-low-bay

Gnaw-see Bay (Not Nosy - Nawsee)

That's really interesting.. I've never heard those pronunciations before. You learn something everyday.. Thanks :)

I just say anything I can't pronounce as if I were speaking Italian. And that's not just chameleons...but anything I can't pronounce. Japanese food? pronounce it like youre speaking Italian. Hawaiian street name? Italian, baby! Scientific name? Well, since Italian is a Latin-based language, it makes sense.

Having said that, I pronounce it ahm-beh-low-bee and Noose-ay Bay. I am pretty sure I sound like a total idiot, though. hahaha.

so close! I am trying to find the pronunciation for Nosy Mitsio cause i bought a gorgeous male a couple months ago & i am finally going to add him to my youtube videos. I even tried googling to no success. So you explained how to say Nosy, please tell me about Mitsio. :)

Back
Top Bottom