Ran out of crickets and had to buy from a pet store, yuck

tkilgour

My order of feeders is on the way. However, in the meantime I had to go buy crickets from a local jack's pets. Geez, I bougth 100 and so far 40 have just died in 2 days. I always have great luck w/ crickets from ghanns cricket farm and mulberry farms. I just think the pet stores crickets were bad or something? Any similar stories on pet store crickets?

It's not always the crickets that are the problem. They are very sensitive to vapors. I lost almost 100 out of 100 in a few hrs because I was using carb cleaner about 10ft from their tank.

But if you bought pet store crickets, it's always good practice to wait a day or so before feeding them off. If you had a large unexplained die off, I would avoid feeding any of them to my animals. Try another source wile you wait on your shipment to come in. As I'm sure you know it won't hurt your chams to go a few days without food. But I always keep other feeders on hand for just such a reason. Super worms are great for this. Little maintenance, and they live quit a long time.

Okay thanks pure, i have refrained from feeding the pet store crickets until my new feeders arrive. I have superworms but as soon as they eat them they become addicted and hard to break. However, I appreciate your help and will do exactly as you recommend. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom