R. temporalis cage

poison

Avid Member
Not as nice as a lot of others enclosures but I have a horrible emagination lol. Let me know what I should add.

Using a bio-active substrate topped off with leaf litter. Through tons of small broken twigs over the leaf litter to help them get around better (female cant grip the leaf litter all that well). I wanna get better fiting branches so I'll go out looking later. The male eats like a champ but the female seems a bit lazy. Spends a lot of time on the ground as well. Don't see any digging.

DSC00182_zpsb9478459.jpg

DSC00179_zps0462b1f7.jpg

DSC00174_zps00478117.jpg

DSC00178_zpsf44d2064.jpg

The back of the enclosure is cracked but I rubbed silicone on it so they can't cut them self on it.

Maybe a little more plant/foliage. Mine have always liked to hang out low, but in/near foliage to hide. I couldn't find half of them half of the time. Mine would hide under pothos leaves or behind ferns.

The female is thin which could be why she is behaving differently, so make sure she gets plenty to eat and is as stress free as possible.

I agree with pssh. More foliage is definitely needed. The little female is more than likely stressed, so don't be too worried if she isn't out in the open and hiding from everything.

I assume they are new acquisitions and are just starting to settle into their new home?

Pygmies don't need a basking bulb so you can probably ditch the red bulb. Definently add more foliage. Pothos, mini scheffleras, mini palms,and bushy ferns will work just fine. Looks good otherwise.

Maybe a little more plant/foliage. Mine have always liked to hang out low, but in/near foliage to hide. I couldn't find half of them half of the time. Mine would hide under pothos leaves or behind ferns.

The female is thin which could be why she is behaving differently, so make sure she gets plenty to eat and is as stress free as possible.

Hello, thanks for the reply. I will through in some more pothos. The female does seem to like to hide under one of the pothos leaves.

You really think she is thin? I thought she was pretty fat. What makes you say she is thin? either way I have plenty of food to go around :)

Here is another pic of her http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii600/poison619/DSC00105_zps74d21063.jpg

I agree with pssh. More foliage is definitely needed. The little female is more than likely stressed, so don't be too worried if she isn't out in the open and hiding from everything.

I assume they are new acquisitions and are just starting to settle into their new home?

Hello, yes I just picked them up a few days ago. I will add more plants :)

it looks really natural, but what is that red light?

Thank you very much :) smells natural too.

Red light is on the cage next to it.

Pygmies don't need a basking bulb so you can probably ditch the red bulb. Definently add more foliage. Pothos, mini scheffleras, mini palms,and bushy ferns will work just fine. Looks good otherwise.

I think I'll stick with more pothos. Most other plants need a false bottum to servive in takes and I don't wanna mess the whole cage up again. And thank you :)

Male is fallowing the female around and shacking his head. I'm guessing to get her attention or for display?

Male is fallowing the female around and shacking his head. I'm guessing to get her attention or for display?

I strongly recomment that the chamelons don´t get that redlight, chamelons are sensitive to light, btw it is pretty good but it would be good if you could put some plants in where the female can get away from the eyeside of the male, otherwise the female can die of stress.

anyway good work so far

I strongly recomment that the chamelons don´t get that redlight, chamelons are sensitive to light, btw it is pretty good but it would be good if you could put some plants in where the female can get away from the eyeside of the male, otherwise the female can die of stress.

anyway good work so far

Hi, please read my other replies. The red light is not on their enclosure and is turned off at night. But out of curiosity, why do you believe that the red light is bad for then? Other then messing up their sleep cycle I don't see how it would be harmful. Why would a red bulb mess up their eyes but a uvb/uva bulb wont? I know there were some uvb bulbs that were harming reptile eyes a while back.

Hi, please read my other replies. The red light is not on their enclosure and is turned off at night. But out of curiosity, why do you believe that the red light is bad for then? Other then messing up their sleep cycle I don't see how it would be harmful. Why would a red bulb mess up their eyes but a uvb/uva bulb wont? I know there were some uvb bulbs that were harming reptile eyes a while back.

meaning the red light coming in or been visual to them, chameloens are really sensitive to light and colors, the communicate and see the world thru that, having a red spectrum all the time would cause and imbalance for the animal a bad perspective of what is happening.

uv light palced in a wrong way can be harmful as well, and bad aswell if the don´t have some type of daylight to that

meaning the red light coming in or been visual to them, chameloens are really sensitive to light and colors, the communicate and see the world thru that, having a red spectrum all the time would cause and imbalance for the animal a bad perspective of what is happening.

Thank you for the info :) I do see what you mean. I'm gonna pic up a normal house hold bulb as this light was just temp cause my old one whent out.

Thank you very much :) smells natural too.

Red light is on the cage next to it.

I think I'll stick with more pothos. Most other plants need a false bottum to servive in takes and I don't wanna mess the whole cage up again. And thank you :)
Are you aware that without a drainage layer, you will have to change the tank often because if you are using coco fiber, it will mold especially with the water sitting at the bottom. Only Pothos won't provide much foliage up high which is very a mini schefflera or palm would really come in handy.

Are you aware that without a drainage layer, you will have to change the tank often because if you are using coco fiber, it will mold especially with the water sitting at the bottom. Only Pothos won't provide much foliage up high which is very a mini schefflera or palm would really come in handy.

Pothos can grow pretty high. This enclosure is only 13" not that high for a pothos. You can also buy pothos that are already tall which I plan on doing. Here one of my enclosures http://www.frogforum.net/members/poison-albums-amphibians-picture57153-p1020467.jpg

Are you familiar with bio-active enclosures? These enclosures a filled with bugs and bacteria that breaks down waste matter, mold and other organic matter. I have enclosures that have been up and running for well over a year with zero mold. The soil its self is not soacking.

Also don't palms and schefflera need special lighting?

I have springtails in mine but I thought they needed a drainage layer for breeding. What kind of soil are you using? Also my whole viv with ferns bamboo Pothos scheffleras, and a palm only has 15w cfl and is doing fine so far.

The soil its self is eco earth. Springtail do not need a drainage layer to breed unless you are watering your plants a lot. All of my cages are infested with springtail. I just looked at your pygmy enclosure and it is amazing!. I would love to do something like that. What kind of CFL are you using? Does it give off any uvb or just a normal house hold one?

Back
Top Bottom