R. temporalis cage

If you aware of the viv company NEherptoculture, there care sheets on vivs said that either LEDs or cfls work fine so I just use a house hold one.

If you aware of the viv company NEherptoculture, there care sheets on vivs said that either LEDs or cfls work fine so I just use a house hold one.

Yes I'm familiar with them. I'll do some reading on their wedsite.

How long have you been using the cfl on the plants?

They have grown fine. I rested the lamp on the cage during the acclimation period but the palm started to burn so I clamped to a shelf above the tank and I've had no problem. This seems to be the problem with pygmies, there is so true way to keep them successfully, just a variety of good and bad options.

Both male and female are being active and munching on crickets :D Its 7pm over here. Already dark out.

DSC00233_zps7af6a4f7.jpg

DSC00227_zps98320486.jpg

I think it looks a lot better now. I can't tell from the second pic you post if she is thin because of the water on her. She looks better in this last pic, but it's not all that clear. I thought she was thin because her cheeks/casque looked quite sunken in, but it might have been that she was dehydrated and just needed plenty of water.

for my pygs I also have a small boston fern and button fern (in pots, with substrate built up to near pot lip) - they provide great foliage close to the ground as well. I have 6 pygs in a 40 gal long tank and I rarely can find more than one at once :)

Back
Top Bottom