Quick Question

vgaines

OK...So I am really thinking about raising dubia roaches to feed to my veiled chameleon, my beardie, fire belly toads and crested gecko. Can I replace crickets with the roaches? I want something that is easy to raise/breed and that doesn't stink.

Ok..So I have two questions really...lol

What supplies will I need for raising/breeding the dubias?

Thanks from me and my critters..:D

I use roaches instead of crickets. To breed you just need some type of plastic bin, cut out part of the top and hot glue screen. I then have a heat mat underneath it to keep them warm. Throw in some egg cartons and keep them well fed and you will be fine.

I find it is easier to have a breeding bin, and then I take out the ones that are the sizes I want to feed off and keep those in a smaller container for easy access and gutloading.

I use roaches instead of crickets. To breed you just need some type of plastic bin, cut out part of the top and hot glue screen. I then have a heat mat underneath it to keep them warm. Throw in some egg cartons and keep them well fed and you will be fine.

I find it is easier to have a breeding bin, and then I take out the ones that are the sizes I want to feed off and keep those in a smaller container for easy access and gutloading.

I have a heat rope...will that work or must I have a heat mat? I'm also assuming ( I know, I know, one should never assume lol) that the roaches can be gut loaded with what I use for my crickets. Bug Burger and fresh fruits and veggies plus water gel. Oh and do the roaches need to be dusted like that crickets?

Thanks for your help

I dont know about heat ropes. I do know that heat from underneath is better than heat from above.

Yes, I gut load them with all of the same things as other insect. Greens, fruits, veggies, nuts

They should be dusted just as crickets are.

Back
Top Bottom