Questions on Outdoor cages for parsons

Chameleonboyboy

Dear all. I have just ordered a few juvenile parsons. Would be building a outdoor cage to house them. They are between 10 to 15cm as told. I am confused on the setup n humidity levels needed for a mesh outdoor setup.
A copy of my weather forecast.

Is it possible to keep humidity up using a mesh cage?
Is it possible that I could set in blowing fans or more misting to suit the parsons temp range?
As for juvenile of these sizes, Is it possible to put them together or separate? What's the proposed cage size for juveniles ?
Can anyone show me any links for a parsons setup.

Bangkok, Thailand
Tue, Thunderstorm
34°C|°F
Precip: 80%
Humidity: 68%
Wind: 10 km/h

TUE

34°
26°

WED

32°
25°
THU

33°
25°
FRI

33°
25°
SAT

31°
26°
SUN

31°
26°

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 192
Hi Chameleonboyboy

34C is too hot for Calumma Parsonii. I would attempt to build a GOE(Giant Outdoor Enclosure) that keeps the temperatures under 28C at the Max and that is still on the high side. You can PM me if you have got more questions.

Motherlode Chameleon

Dear all, i was browsing through an old thread and found the temps given by another member. I am not having winter here.. just summer all year round so how can i mantain this temp as stated below for a screen cage?

Day temperatures must not exceed 26°C for longer periods and nighttime temperatures must be about 20°C. 'That´s for the summer.
In the wintertime they need day temperatures of about 20°c and night temperature of 12-15°C. If you can not give them those temperatures, they will stop drinking very fast.

Anyone can advise?

Chamboyboy

best thing to do is to build a sort of greenhouse with a climate device like a AC or something to low down the temperatures, there is probably noway you can have parsons in thailand with those temperatures without a AC or something

If its a large screen cage with a cooling fan throughout 24hrs, does it help? Or to place in an air-conditioned room the whole time?

Which is better?

no no fan, it should be kinda like a refrigerator kind of things, chameleons don't do well in constant wind

Lolx well kinda worried on the greenhouse concept as it gets really hot in the day n I am worried they would burn out in the greenhouse if things are not set up properly.

Any ideas what's needed in a greenhouse for auto temp adjustment.

you can adjuste a room in the hose other wise, you now those places where they keep meat? they have machines that cool down the whole room, you need something like that

well I can tell you this, you can make a room cooler, there is ways to acquire low temperaures, when I was doing practiceses in the university they have those fridge rooms where we keept samples now I didn´t felt any breezes in there just the cold.

and other exampel is imagination and handiness, I seem people make holes in fridges and put a komputer fan inside with tubes so the cold air would come in their salamandras terrarium, now if the breeze is slow enough and now directed do tha chamelon then it could work for a smal sizes room or terrarium, and you could take him out in the mornings or in the cooler times of the year.

keep in mind that they have thin skin so they should be put to too strong sunlight, they should have access to shade

I live in south Florida in a climate similar to you. My husband had to build special room for our parsons because we don't keep our house cool enough or humid enough for them.

Here's my new little baby's free range in one of the parsons rooms. When he/she get bigger they will have the entire room.

Babytrees6913010_zpsafacddf0.jpg

Here's a link to pictures of my female's room.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/heras-four-years-old-her-new-room-93779/

really? no enough humidity in florida? I wouldn't have thought that

well I can tell you this, you can make a room cooler, there is ways to acquire low temperaures, when I was doing practiceses in the university they have those fridge rooms where we keept samples now I didn´t felt any breezes in there just the cold.

and other exampel is imagination and handiness, I seem people make holes in fridges and put a komputer fan inside with tubes so the cold air would come in their salamandras terrarium, now if the breeze is slow enough and now directed do tha chamelon then it could work for a smal sizes room or terrarium, and you could take him out in the mornings or in the cooler times of the year.

keep in mind that they have thin skin so they should be put to too strong sunlight, they should have access to shade

Wow those ideas are good as well.
If i were to build a large screen cage and put in a Air conditioned room at cooling temps for day and nite time windows opened what do you think?:p
I might have the temp figures wrong but just an idea on my side.

sorry for the wrong spelling, what I mean is that you should NOT put them in too strong sun light

Back
Top Bottom