Questions on Outdoor cages for parsons

In a normal house here in Florida the AC will dry out the air, but when you have misting systems and drippers going you maintain a lot more humidity in the air. In a normal house you don't have anything adding more water into the air, especially if you don't open the windows, so it gets drier. But if you do something like Jann's room and have water misters and drippers the humidity will stay much higher.

In a normal house here in Florida the AC will dry out the air, but when you have misting systems and drippers going you maintain a lot more humidity in the air. In a normal house you don't have anything adding more water into the air, especially if you don't open the windows, so it gets drier. But if you do something like Jann's room and have water misters and drippers the humidity will stay much higher.

Exactly how the humidity stays up.

Bro Soild Snake, if for instant, my humidity is high here. Is there any way to lower temps for screen cages without lowering humidity?

I use lots of plants, and run mister/foggers on hot days to keep temps inside the enclosure down.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 109
First understand Ive not kept parsons before, nor have I used these types of "swamp coolers". I have seen them used to cool and add humidity to rooms that need it though.

Hi Bro Solid Snake, So in this way i just have to build a stand alone device and place it in a air-conditioned room. Thats it?

Thks bro

It would help cool and raise humidity, yes.

You can make it in a wall, and bring in the fresh outside air, or build a smaller portable one, and place it where you like.

Heres one someone built:

Bro Soild Snake, if for instant, my humidity is high here. Is there any way to lower temps for screen cages without lowering humidity?

You are asking that if your humidity is ideal, but temps are high, if there is a way to just lower temps without messing up your humidity?

Then, yes.

Simply turning off your basking light should drop temps, and not touch your humidity. Your humidity may go up a bit even.

Misting the enclosure will drop temps a good deal, through the ssame principle as the swamp cooler, evaporative cooling.

A fan in the room will help cool things to some extent, but you may loose a bit of humidity.

First understand Ive not kept parsons before, nor have I used these types of "swamp coolers". I have seen them used to cool and add humidity to rooms that need it though.

It would help cool and raise humidity, yes.

You can make it in a wall, and bring in the fresh outside air, or build a smaller portable one, and place it where you like.

Heres one someone built:

You are asking that if your humidity is ideal, but temps are high, if there is a way to just lower temps without messing up your humidity?

Then, yes.

Simply turning off your basking light should drop temps, and not touch your humidity. Your humidity may go up a bit even.

Misting the enclosure will drop temps a good deal, through the ssame principle as the swamp cooler, evaporative cooling.

A fan in the room will help cool things to some extent, but you may loose a bit of humidity.

This video was really helpful. Went through the details and noted that it can be placed in a room with open windows and a big cooler setup. Thumbs up for the vids...

Back
Top Bottom