Hello! I am new to the forums!

aMiseo

Hello Everybody!

My name is Andrew! After lots of research and careful consideration, I have decided to welcome a chameleon into my home! I thank you all so much for the information, wisdom, and advice that these forums offer... especial thanks to the creators! I wanted to introduce myself and go over a few things to make sure I fully understand every aspect of providing good care. My new friend will be here tomorrow, he is a juvenile blue bar ambilobe panther sired from Cowboy at Chameleon Paradise. Bruce has been great providing information!
Here's what I have prepared:
*18" x 18" x 36" screen cage, however after some advice from Bruce I reduced the vertical by 10" to accommodate for a 3.5 month old's hunting...
*Live Pothos and Ficus (weeping fig) in organic soil with no pesticides
*Lots of branches and vines, and a temporary plastic foliage until the live stuff grows in
*Reptirain Mister set every 3 hours for 45 seconds (I know everyone says they leak, but I got it for $35 and just took it apart and applied silicon at every junction, so far no leaks)
* Hand spray mister
* 20" uvb hood with reptisun 5.0
* 75 watt basking bulb in ceramic dome
* Digital thermometer and hydrometer (reading avg 65% humidity, 90 degree basking, lowest temp is 72)
* Everything is on a timer for 12 hour automation
* 25 silk worms eating mulberry food
* 10 hornworms
* 100 sm/med crickets
* Gutload ingredients, as suggested by the caresheets, and cricket crack
* Rep Cal calcium with NO D3
* Rep Cal calcium with D3
* Rep Cal multi vita with beta carotene
* Zoo Med Reptivite with vita A
* Sticky Tongue Miner All
I plan on using this setup for outdoors in the spring once my buddy has moved into his adult enclosure, and upgrading the lights/mister/cage size.

Can anyone help me go over the schedule for supplements? These are all the supplements recommended to me, I know calcium is every feeding, but the rest I'm a little vague about. Is there anything I forgot?

Thanks for all the help and keep the good advice coming!

Regards,
Andrew

Attachments

• enclosure.jpg
    enclosure.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 103
Welcome to the forums Andrew! It's really nice to see people on here that do their research and prepare BEFORE they buy a chameleon.

You certainly do have allot of supplements. :) At his age you are correct about dusting with calcium with no d3 just about everyday except when you are using other supplements. If he doesn't get any outside time you will need to dust with the d3 calcium twice a month. He also needs a multi vit. twice a month. If it were me I'd rotated the Repcal multi and the Reptivite.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of him and watching him grow up via the forums.

Hi Andrew, welcome to the forums! Seems like Jann's got your supplement schedule sorted out so I just wanted to say hi and can't wait to see pics!

Welcome to the family. We are like a family, we don't always agree, we may do things different, and we are all after the same thing, healthy chameleons.

With the research you completed prior to jumping in to Cham ownership, I am sure you will do great!!

We will all be waiting for pictures!:):):)

He's a healthy looking boy - how old is he? And welcome -
He looks really good in the picture he doesn't have the nervous "first day" look

He is 4 months old, thanks!! Really seems to have found it right at home, hes cruising around the enclosure, hunting, drinking, and pooping! What an awesome guy to watch! I am thinking of naming him Remy, or Nero, or Hendrix.... any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom