Question about dealing with a hunger strike

MelvinCham

So for some background: Melvin is healthy and I have never had a health issue with him. About two and a half weeks ago I moved him from his smaller enclosure to a free range. The free range is located in my bedroom which has been "chameleon proofed," and he is only caged if there is a specific need for it, otherwise I leave him be.

He is a roamer, his free range takes up about 3/8 of the room. He spends the day patrolling the room, basking, and sitting by the window (see pictures).

What is driving me crazy is that since I started free ranging him he barely eats. He cup fed when he was in his enclosure and I have tried cup feeding him in the free range and it has amounted to squat. He looks at the food for awhile then leaves. I have seen him eat a single cricket (two days ago) and a dubia (which I let loose on his perch) about a week ago.

I have been offering supers, crickets, and dubias. He just doesn't seem interested. I am not necessarily worried yet as I am sure he is just still adjusting to the change, but I think he may be happier if food was offered in the free range and not in a cup. I just cant think of a way to do it that doesn't leave me with roaches hiding out in by bed...

I attached some pictures for an idea of the setup. One is the free range and the other is where he spends a lot of time (Pothos hanging in the window). The other two are just shots of him (taken yesterday).

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMAG0122.jpg
    IMAG0122.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 88
  • IMAG0123.jpg
    IMAG0123.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 106
  • IMAG0135.jpg
    IMAG0135.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMAG0139.jpg
    IMAG0139.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 102
Winter

All my chams do the same thing during winter, they go from chowing everything to picky eaters and it's like over night

Back
Top Bottom