Quad egg incubation....

Buddyboy

Recently bought a pair of quadricornis and our female laid last week.
Eggs are currently in a home made incubator, resting on vermiculite and at a temp of 70F....

IMGP3725.jpg

Is this correct or how should we go about incubating these ???

Welcome & Congratulations, I was so excited when my baby quads started hatching. You have your set up just like mine but I kept my temp at 68 the whole time. I think 70 should be fine. Let us know and pictures of your quads would be great.

Thanx laurie....glad we got things right as it seemed almost impossible to find much info on these until we found this forum.
How long, roughly, before we might expect them to hatch ??

Ps..popped a few pics up in the photography section there

Congrats on hatching them! They sure are cute!

The ones that didn't make it...were the babies fully formed? Where their tongues hanging out? How moist was your substrate?

Thanks so much Buddy, i do love baby quad pictures. Glad those 8 are doing well for you. Better luck with the next 16.

Yes, fully formed but no tongue hanging out.......these 8 hatched over 3 days and I started to remove them soon after hatching as they were very lively at birth and more than willing to climb over the other eggs and knock them. Perhaps this let out too much humidity as opened and closed 8 times, also this amount of disturbance may have set back hatching in the others.

I have about two weeks left until I get Quad eggs. I am trying to find a place that is constantly 70... Having a hard time.

LPR08

We actually had to put a heatmat and thermostat on ours to hold a steady 70F here as our winter temps are so low, lol......

Back
Top Bottom