Are my eggs dead??! Incubation glitch and went to 140F.

Kaylee123

I had my eggs in an incubator set to 27 Celsius. I left my house around one and came home around five and saw that the incubator was bumped up to 60 Celsius two babies tried to escape but passed but I’m not sure if my eggs are still alive, I opened one up and there was still moisture. It was not dried out but again I had two baby chameleons try to escape past. (I don’t know how long it was sitting at 140 Fahrenheit. I just came in and saw it.)

Are they still alive??? 😭😭😭 this is so depressing & sad. This is my first time breeding & I can’t breed again I only have a male. Female passed.

Attachments

• IMG_2632.jpeg
    IMG_2632.jpeg
    222.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2631.jpeg
    IMG_2631.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2630.jpeg
    IMG_2630.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 14
I’ve never hatched eggs before, so I’m wishing you all the luck. Maybe wait until it’s obvious if they are ok or not. To quote one of my favorite YouTube’s, “Incubate till there’s no debate”

Good luck! Hopefully more will survive and hatch soon!

All you can do is wait and see.
How formed was the baby in the egg you opened?
Is it almost 7 months now since they were laid?

All you can do is wait and see.
How formed was the baby in the egg you opened?
Is it almost 7 months now since they were laid?
Yes almost 7 months. I had 1 hatch 2 days ago and then 2 rip their egg cause they were ready to come out. Sadly those 2 got cooked. Today I woke up and the eggs are a bit smaller and squishy. I don’t think they’re alive just cause no little animal can live in 140 degrees. Who knows how long it was 140 in there.

Yes almost 7 months. I had 1 hatch 2 days ago and then 2 rip their egg cause they were ready to come out. Sadly those 2 got cooked. Today I woke up and the eggs are a bit smaller and squishy. I don’t think they’re alive just cause no little animal can live in 140 degrees. Who knows how long it was 140 in there.
How’s the one that hatched two days ago?

How’s the one that hatched two days ago?
He’s ok. Hasn’t eaten anything and is black most the time :/ . Kinda moves around.

He’s in a little mesh nano cage. T5 going across his cage. Has a heat lamp in the corner around 80-85. It’s a little chilly in my house so having a basking spot I think was necessary (I have a temp gun to make sure he doesn’t burn though.)
Has leaves & sticks for him to climb & hide.

He’s ok. Hasn’t eaten anything and is black most the time :/ . Kinda moves around.

He’s in a little mesh nano cage. T5 going across his cage. Has a heat lamp in the corner around 80-85. It’s a little chilly in my house so having a basking spot I think was necessary (I have a temp gun to make sure he doesn’t burn though.)
Has leaves & sticks for him to climb & hide.
85 is too hot for a baby. You don’t want them to get above 78-80. Too hot and they can quickly dehydrate.

Back
Top Bottom