I accidentally stepped on my chameleon

fatimahaldawood

Hello, about a hour ago i was walking around my room and suddenly feel a small body underneath my feet. I quickly stepped away, and saw that my chameleon had escaped his enclosure and is now a dark brown color, flat on the ground. I feel horrible. He got back up, started turning green again within 20 minutes, his grip is a bit weaker and he seems to be lower. There are no vets nearby and I am extremely concerned with his health. His right and entire lower body (leg to end of tail) has turned dark brown. Although, it still curls and preforms normal functions. He seems weak. Please help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 71
I am sorry but I don’t know any vets in your country. I can’t say if your chameleon will be ok or not. If you can find a vet for an X-ray that would be helpful.

The skin will turn black on any injury, no matter how minor. So i would not worry about color. The main thing is broken bones, but it looks like everything is functional since the tail curls and rear feet work etc. The next step is to monitor a good poop. So i would isolate him into a "sick tank" or something to prevent any fall injuries, and to monitor for eating and pooping for a few days.

Is he moving his back legs at all and using his feet? Did you step down with full force? Their bones are very fragile and you may have fractured his pelvis.

Back
Top Bottom