Panther Egg Piped - 24h later still not out of egg

Bri22j

I bought a Panther egg back in May with a hatch date of 10/1/23.

It started sweating yesterday and piped at about midnight last night.

As of tonight about midnight still hasn’t emerged from egg. We can see the baby but looks like it an either dead or resting. I’m getting concerned for the health of the little one. How long should I wait to allow it to emerge?

I bought a Panther egg back in May with a hatch date of 10/1/23.

It started sweating yesterday and piped at about midnight last night.

As of tonight about midnight still hasn’t emerged from egg. We can see the baby but looks like it an either dead or resting. I’m getting concerned for the health of the little one. How long should I wait to allow it to emerge?
Just wait, it takes time. That’s a long hard journey for the little one and they are still absorbing nutrients from the egg, probably resting . He or she should not need help at this point. But they are very fragile so my fingers are crossed for you.
Good luck!! 😍

Would you like to do a husbandry review to make sure you have everything set up perfectly for baby? Adult chameleon care is quite different from baby care and since baby is so little they don’t have any reserves to fall back on if something is incorrect in the husbandry.

Would you like to do a husbandry review to make sure you have everything set up perfectly for baby? Adult chameleon care is quite different from baby care and since baby is so little they don’t have any reserves to fall back on if something is incorrect in the husbandry.
I have the enclosure, mister, fogger, fruit flies, plants, uvb light, etc. we’ve been set up since it’s hatch date pretty much. We’re just waiting on arrival. The baby still hasn’t emerged from egg.

Should I move it out of the closet to the enclosure so it can get some light? Not sure if it needs the uvb rays now that the egg is piped

33CFFEFA-8012-4488-BA2C-207A348B3747.jpeg

Here’s a closer look at the end where it’s hatching

Attachments

• F93AB313-A182-4472-9185-862F2AB6E856.jpeg
    F93AB313-A182-4472-9185-862F2AB6E856.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom