Progress for Zeppelin.

No it’s fine! I fell off a cliff on a dirt bike lol! Kicked it into second gear on accident and it flew right off, if you get bike lingo lol!

Its temporary but it’ll take awhile to heal. I have a really bad sprain in my elbow and elbows take awhile to heal. I’ve already gotten a lot better than I was a week ago when it first happened. Hopefully I can start working this weekend.
Sounds like a nasty fall! At least you have one working arm to power through and help your chams! I had a nasty longboarding accident three years ago where I broke both arms which rendered me useless for three months. Long story short, it was midnight and I was going down a steep slope without a helmet or other protection. At around 30-35 mph I got speed wobbles which shot me off the board. Since I wasn't wearing a helmet, I braced my head with my arms. While I did break both arms, and even needed surgery to reattach the thumb bone, I didn't sustain any damage to my head. Thinking back, I was pretty lucky with only breaking my arms.

It was also during the school year, so I, unfortunately, had to type a twenty-page essay with only my two pointer fingers poking out of left and right cast.

Moral of the story: Always wear a helmet!

No it’s fine! I fell off a cliff on a dirt bike lol! Kicked it into second gear on accident and it flew right off, if you get bike lingo lol!

Its temporary but it’ll take awhile to heal. I have a really bad sprain in my elbow and elbows take awhile to heal. I’ve already gotten a lot better than I was a week ago when it first happened. Hopefully I can start working this weekend.
Thank god your shoulders didn't get wrecked, they don't heal nice and surgery to repair them is not fun.

Lol that accident roughly coincidentally times in with you 🤣 joining this forum I think you have developed chameleon brain there is no cure 🤣
Haha yep! Since I couldn't do anything, I started falling in love with chams and researched them like hell. It got me through having two casts in the middle of the warmer season here. I actually had my brother assemble the first cage I used since I couldn't do anything. He even taped on plastic wrap for me to help keep in the humidity.

Without my accident, I definitely wouldn't be the person I am today. It helped me realize that the world is going to keep spinning with or without me in it. I learned to take things at my own pace.

I here you man shortly after I decided to get a cham I got hit by a car on my bike . The accident and losing friends made me realise that life is so precious ( not that I didn't already know it ) but it puts things into perspective. Anyway getting my girl 18 months ago joining this forum and if I can help others makes up for what the accident has taken away from me @Mendez

Thank god your shoulders didn't get wrecked, they don't heal nice and surgery to repair them is not fun.
Honestly that whole wreck took about 7 years of luck away. I was wearing a helmet but I probably should’ve been injured more. I didn’t have a concussion, just bonked my head a bit too hard and was out of it for a few days.

I guess life was a bit more forgiving because falling down a cliff on a 250+ pound machine should’ve at least torn or broken some more stuff in me.

I here you man shortly after I decided to get a cham I got hit by a car on my bike . The accident and losing friends made me realise that life is so precious ( not that I didn't already know it ) but it puts things into perspective. Anyway getting my girl 18 months ago joining this forum and if I can help others makes up for what the accident has taken away from me @Mendez
I’m sorry for your losses. I can understand that on a personal level. Pets, even if they’re stinky little chameleons like mine, can honestly be the best therapy. My reptiles honestly bring so much joy too my day, they can make the rough ones easier.

Only if they knew that though. Yet again, I like it when zeppelin shows me attitude no matter what. I could come home from a bad day at work and he’d already be puffed up cranky I haven’t fed him yet. Once he’s fed though he’ll just sun bathe and I’ll watch him. Such personable animals. Amazing how such a small creature can have such a big impact,

Dang, that's sounds like a rough ride (no pun intended). It's insane how much of an impact that these accidents have on our lives. It completely interrupts the flow of normal life which, I guess, leaves room for introspection and change.

I also had major back surgery for my scoliosis in my Junior year of high school. It was during Christmas break which left me a week and a half to recover from it and go back to school. Walking twice as slow as you did before while carrying a pillow definitely turns some heads on campus. That's when I realized how much no one really cares (granted it was high school). I never want someone to feel like no one cares about them. While there are many people out there who really do care, they are few and far between. That's why I don't mind helping people in my free time.

Breaking both my arms made me focus this energy on chameleons.

It's nice getting to know other members here on the forums.

Edit--scoliosis surgery left me with a rod and a bunch of screws in my back. I'm completely fine now and don't even notice it. Not even a year after the surgery, I jumped off the roof of a one-story building onto solid concrete with no problem. My back was fine. I do deadlifts and squats no problem. Took a while for my arms to be able to bend normally for push-ups and bench press after the longboarding accident--my flexibility and strength now is way better than it was before these events.

Last edited:
Before
2A198719-9CA9-4623-BAC4-24F1C849C0CB.jpeg

After taking all the fake plants out.
3BDBF142-C5FE-4FAE-AA5E-C1B28997B3C9.jpeg

The finished product.
97803492-CEA3-4328-A46D-7C119FE15B72.jpeg

3CD63B47-4050-4DAF-81EE-C01B030FF3ED.jpeg

I definitely like the new look. I’ll probably be selling all the fake plants. I put pebbles over the dirt FYI.

Sorry for your loses! Life can cruel sometimes (well more then some). Already lost many people around me and that started at a young age, therefore I promised myself to do everything I can do within the boundaries of normal life (especially financially), that if I would die, no one could feel sorry for me. They can only say it's shame he died that young, on the other hand he did more then one could do in a lifetime of 100 years. That's when I created my life motto and principal, "Never regret the things I've done, only the things you haven't done"!

Before
View attachment 307502
After taking all the fake plants out.
View attachment 307503
The finished product.
View attachment 307504
View attachment 307505
I definitely like the new look. I’ll probably be selling all the fake plants. I put pebbles over the dirt FYI.
👌👌👌

Make sure the pebbles are large enough, so he can't accidentality swallow them, already read stories about here. The misting nozzles, you could lay them on the outside, check blog 'low budget enclosure build'. The nozzles can dismantled, then you pinch a hole screwdriver, putt the nozzle through the hole and assemble it again.

It would look like this (I placed them on the side walls)
4A1C7434-1A1F-4C64-8E5B-77C03E8E5505.jpeg
D958BF7D-520C-4A6C-B2D9-83BC04AB2049.jpeg

👌👌👌

Make sure the pebbles are large enough, so he can't accidentality swallow them, already read stories about here. The misting nozzles, you could lay them on the outside, check blog 'low budget enclosure build'. The nozzles can dismantled, then you pinch a hole screwdriver, putt the nozzle through the hole and assemble it again.

It would look like this (I placed them on the side walls)
View attachment 307520 View attachment 307521
I made sure he couldn’t eat the pebbles. I might do the misters here in a bit when I’ve gotta redo Jagras.

I know you thought about it, however they look a bit small in picture, like they could fit in an adult Veiled’s mouth.
check this thread https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/my-cham-swallowed-a-pebble-help-and-suggestion.183171/
We’ll be getting bigger pebbles here in a bit so I can replace if needed. The only reason the pebbles are there is because he’s got a bad habit of eating substrate since his last owners didn’t give him supplements as needed. I’ve caught him twice eating soil so every time he does eat it I’ll dust a Dubai or worm with the calcium vitamin mix and feed him it. He’s finally stopped thank goodness but I decided to be safe and cover the dirt with rocks just incase.

The above problem I addressed to a vet too. She said just keep dusting every feeding for him and he’ll get the vitamins needed. I’ve been gutloading as needed too. I follow the guide on here.

We’ll be getting bigger pebbles here in a bit so I can replace if needed. The only reason the pebbles are there is because he’s got a bad habit of eating substrate since his last owners didn’t give him supplements as needed. I’ve caught him twice eating soil so every time he does eat it I’ll dust a Dubai or worm with the calcium vitamin mix and feed him it. He’s finally stopped thank goodness but I decided to be safe and cover the dirt with rocks just incase.
Elliot you are doing great, please, your thinking and work is absolutely perfect. I know why you placed them and that’s really good. It’s just a saw that thread a while back and when I saw the size of your pebbles I needed think about it. It’s just you keep it in mind, pictures can be misleading size wise. No bad feelings and it was no criticism, you’re doing really great 👏🏻👏🏻

Back
Top Bottom